New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Thee Old Farmall

Majestictone
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Thee Old Farmall

This was taken a few years ago up in O'Donnell TX. It was laid to rest in a interesting lot surround by all kinds of antiques that have been weathered by the elements.

SLT-A99V    28-70mm F2.8 lens    35mm    f/4.0    1/400s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Sep 20, 2022 at 06:26 PM
LarryBeemer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Thee Old Farmall

Nice capture.

It's sad to see these machines left to rot like this. The ones that are well maintained and cared for seemingly last forever.

LB

Sep 20, 2022 at 07:34 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Thee Old Farmall

Are you going to make a coffee table book from your images Majestictone? You have some great captures.

In my neck of the woods this would be called "yard art". Some would buy it for hundreds of $$$ then spend more to move it to their farm house...that's because the old tractors their grandfathers used are still operational and run grain augers, hay operations or other supplemental operations.

Seems those old pieces of machinery are more prized than the structures. They are creating "industrial zones" in farming areas and tearing down old barns to make way for new roads and ugly warehouses. This 100+ year old barn is a victim, however they were able to save the large tree since it is over 100 years old. Some folks appealed to the city asking for time to recycle the wood to replace bad boards on their old barn.

Sep 21, 2022 at 06:05 AM
Majestictone
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Thee Old Farmall

LarryBeemer wrote:
Nice capture.

It's sad to see these machines left to rot like this. The ones that are well maintained and cared for seemingly last forever.

LB

Thank You LB... We have one in our barn and it's in somewhat pristine condition and I have posted a couple images on here in the past but this one has some uniqueness to it.

Sep 21, 2022 at 10:20 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Majestictone
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Thee Old Farmall

Ray Swindle wrote:
Are you going to make a coffee table book from your images Majestictone? You have some great captures.

In my neck of the woods this would be called "yard art". Some would buy it for hundreds of $$$ then spend more to move it to their farm house...that's because the old tractors their grandfathers used are still operational and run grain augers, hay operations or other supplemental operations.

Seems those old pieces of machinery are more prized than the structures. They are creating "industrial zones" in farming areas and tearing down old barns to make way for new roads and ugly
...Show more

Thank You Very Much Ray.

It's been in the back of my mind to make a such a book and one day it will come to fruition. I totally agree with you on old implements. Texas is littered with 100's of them and make an effort to pull over when traveling to capture them. On our property, we've been thinking of doing the same out front in the middle of our circular driveway.

I see more of that movement towards the east and in the hill country but out here in the west, there isn't much concern for such enjoyment of visual art. All we can do is hold out for some hope that the mindset changes.

Sep 21, 2022 at 10:29 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Thee Old Farmall

Luckiliy we have many of these relics still lost in the "backwoods" just waiting for me to drive by!!!
I have many of these treasures and yes it is sad that they are left to "rot". But better than becoming scrap metal! For us photographers anyway!!
Great composition!
Dan

Sep 22, 2022 at 08:26 AM
Majestictone
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Thee Old Farmall

Danpbphoto wrote:
Luckiliy we have many of these relics still lost in the "backwoods" just waiting for me to drive by!!!
I have many of these treasures and yes it is sad that they are left to "rot". But better than becoming scrap metal! For us photographers anyway!!
Great composition!
Dan

Thank You Dan

Sep 22, 2022 at 03:14 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password