Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Hot Rod Dragweek Day 1 - St. Louis

anbrumm
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Hot Rod Dragweek Day 1 - St. Louis

Wife and I attended the first day of dragweek yesterday in St. Louis. These cars will visit 5 different racetracks over the week and drive approximately 1,000 miles. You are disqualified if you put your car on a trailer over the course of the week. These were all shot from the stands. The angles would be much better if you could get along the wall... maybe one day.

CR6_9381.jpg by Andrew Brummett, on Flickr

CR6_9400.jpg by Andrew Brummett, on Flickr

CR6_9518.jpg by Andrew Brummett, on Flickr

CR6_9731.jpg by Andrew Brummett, on Flickr

CR6_9776.jpg by Andrew Brummett, on Flickr

CR6_9857.jpg by Andrew Brummett, on Flickr

CR6_9882.jpg by Andrew Brummett, on Flickr

CR6_9927.jpg by Andrew Brummett, on Flickr

CR6_0024.jpg by Andrew Brummett, on Flickr

Sep 20, 2022 at 07:29 AM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Hot Rod Dragweek Day 1 - St. Louis

A set of nice images Andrew with just enough motion blur and a bit of panning to show some movement of the cars. Great color and you came ever so close to getting the front wheel off the ground in a few!
I have been following the car SICK with Steve Morris Engine builder, that thing is a monster and they have had their work cut out to keep it track and street drivable.
Can you apply for a photo pass for the track for access or check with your local newspaper to see if they would get you a press pass if you donate your work for an article?
It's crazy the horsepower these cars are making now and street driven for this event!!

Karl

Sep 22, 2022 at 11:31 AM
anbrumm
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Hot Rod Dragweek Day 1 - St. Louis

Karl Witt wrote:
A set of nice images Andrew with just enough motion blur and a bit of panning to show some movement of the cars. Great color and you came ever so close to getting the front wheel off the ground in a few!
I have been following the car SICK with Steve Morris Engine builder, that thing is a monster and they have had their work cut out to keep it track and street drivable.
Can you apply for a photo pass for the track for access or check with your local newspaper to see if they would get you a
...Show more

Thanks for the reply, Karl! This was my first time shooting cars on a track, so definitely a lot of learning was had. The sick car was pretty amazing to watch. He ran a 6.05 at 249 mph on his only pass of the day. These drag and drive events amaze me so much as there is so much work these drivers will put into the cars while on the way to the next track. Tom and Steve replaced 1 piston in the car after the first day and 3 more after the 2nd day.

I will have to give it a shot at some point! This time was all about getting my feet wet, and I'll definitely keep that suggestion in mind.

Sep 23, 2022 at 07:22 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.