FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

BrandonSi
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

38V has arrived. Looks beautiful, such a better aesthetic than the first gen lenses. Was surprised at how light it was.. it's barely heavier than the 45p.

Doesn't feel too large with the hood on, either. Typically, I reverse the hoods (and man does Hasselblad make that more difficult than it needs to be) but I think I'll leave it in place on the 38.

Sep 22, 2022 at 09:05 PM
Jaree
• • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Pre-ordered from B&H then cancelled since Sep 15th eta came and no sign of X2D or the 38 and 55. Spoke to my gearhead friend in Switzerland last Wed and he asked me to give him 2 weeks. Today I got tracking #s and he has arranged for all three items to be shipped and delivered to me by Mon Sep 26. Apparently being friends with gearheads in Europe also helps with sourcing hard to find cameras!

Sep 22, 2022 at 10:49 PM
Jaree
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

I am still debating if I get the 90 V. I already have the "older" XCD 90 and the weight difference is only 60 grams or so in favor of the V. With the XCD 90 stunning in IQ, I don't see how 90 V can be better. I can live with the annoying metallic shutter sound and slower (how much slower than the V?) AF of the current 90. Can't think of any other reason why the V would be better.

Sep 22, 2022 at 10:57 PM
SrMi
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Jaree wrote:
I am still debating if I get the 90 V. I already have the "older" XCD 90 and the weight difference is only 60 grams or so in favor of the V. With the XCD 90 stunning in IQ, I don't see how 90 V can be better. I can live with the annoying metallic shutter sound and slower (how much slower than the V?) AF of the current 90. Can't think of any other reason why the V would be better.

I am sure the "plain" XCD 90 is great. I have it and love it.
However, the new one is f/2.5 vs. f/3.2, it has a distance scale in MF (prefocusing), it has a programmable ring (for aperture or something else), and is the only lens that can shoot up to 1/4000 sec (all others have 1/2000 max shutter speed).
It is up to you to decide whether it is worth to you.

Sep 22, 2022 at 11:37 PM
Joe Colson
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

This from Lloyd Chambers:
"But B&H still did not receive the stock it expected of X2D, and so I have no X2D yet. The latest news is that it should arrive at B&H September 28 or 29 whereupon it can be overnighted to me."

This episode in Hasselblad history is beginning to remind me of the painful wait experienced in 2016 when I ordered the original X1D on the first day of the pre-order and didn't get one until December-January.

Joe

Sep 23, 2022 at 08:49 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jaree
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

SrMi wrote:
I am sure the "plain" XCD 90 is great. I have it and love it.
However, the new one is f/2.5 vs. f/3.2, it has a distance scale in MF (prefocusing), it has a programmable ring (for aperture or something else), and is the only lens that can shoot up to 1/4000 sec (all others have 1/2000 max shutter speed).
It is up to you to decide whether it is worth to you.

Yes, good points. I will see if I can borrow the 90V for a few days.

I am not much of a charts person, but since this is a photo forum: the "old" 90, wide open seems to have a more even performance across the frame than the V. Now it is not apples to apples since the V is 2.5 wide-open, but even when both are stopped down, the older one seems to have a balanced performance across the frame. All subjective of course and hard to compare because the readings are not at the same aperture and these are first world problems anyway. Maybe the trade-off was a higher central sharpness with less even performance across the image.

Sep 23, 2022 at 10:58 AM
pnwshooter

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

My friends in West Europe who ordered 2-5 days after announcement are starting to see their orders shipped. Means HB is ramping up production..

Hopefully we will see US orders getting fulfilled soon - fingers crossed!

Sep 23, 2022 at 08:16 PM
BrandonSi
• • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Jaree wrote:
Yes, good points. I will see if I can borrow the 90V for a few days.

I am not much of a charts person, but since this is a photo forum: the "old" 90, wide open seems to have a more even performance across the frame than the V. Now it is not apples to apples since the V is 2.5 wide-open, but even when both are stopped down, the older one seems to have a balanced performance across the frame. All subjective of course and hard to compare because the readings are not at the same aperture and these
...Show more

Maybe at some point I'll replace it.. but only for the AF speed. The optics are still amazing on the original 90mm.. Here's one from today. 100% crop. It does this wide open... !!

X1D II 50C    XCD 90 lens    90mm    f/3.2    1/100s    400 ISO    -1.1 EV  

Sep 23, 2022 at 08:34 PM
Jaree
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Yes am in a similar boat, I may replace the current 90 at "some point"!

Good capture, btw. I feel the darker tones with the XCD 90 are much richer than the other lenses in the series but that could also be my bias since it is my fav lens.

BrandonSi wrote:
Maybe at some point I'll replace it.. but only for the AF speed. The optics are still amazing on the original 90mm.. Here's one from today. 100% crop. It does this wide open... !!

Sep 23, 2022 at 09:44 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password