New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       5       6       7       end

Archive 2022 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Grampz

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Just chatted with B&H. No ETA for Hasselblad X2D or 55mm. Disappointing. Anyone else get any updates on X2D or lenses as far as shipping to US?

Sep 28, 2022 at 09:02 AM
Joe Colson
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

I received both the 38mm and 55mm lenses on September 23 from B&H. Ordered on September 7. No ETA on the camera.

Joe

Sep 28, 2022 at 09:08 AM
Grampz

p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Good to hear at least lenses shipped. Thanks for update!

Sep 28, 2022 at 09:25 AM
gbdesai

p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Joe Colson wrote:
I received both the 38mm and 55mm lenses on September 23 from B&H. Ordered on September 7. No ETA on the camera.

Joe

I ordered a 90 from BH and it's also nowhere to be seen, just like the X2D. Got my 38 like others last week.

Sep 28, 2022 at 11:45 AM
Rob Brand
• •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Have had a lot of time to contemplate, and I just canceled my X2D order at B&H that I placed within hours of the launch announcement, so someone just moved up. Having more time to come back to reality, my primary photography is street/landscape and the idea of swapping out prime lenses on hiking trails and in harsh environments on the X2D isn't ideal. The GFX100S has a better stable of weather sealed zoom lenses which will reduce weight and keep me from having to change out lenses as much, so I just ordered it. Doesn't hurt that the body and two lenses equal the price of the Hasselblad either.

Still, I much prefer the ergonomics and UI of the X2D, and am hoping they add a few more lenses to their lineup. For now, I'll use my Leica M for everyday & street and the GFX100S for trekking through nature.

It was NOT easy clicking that cancel button on the order. Hopefully it means one of you just moved up a spot.

Sep 28, 2022 at 11:49 AM
Joe Colson
• • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

B&H will be closed for 15 days in October due to holidays and normal Saturday closings. For those of us who ordered from B&H, October delivery may be iffy.

Joe

Sep 28, 2022 at 01:55 PM
Grampz

p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Just checked my B&H account and my 55m lens is listed as "order in progress." Nothing on the X2D yet.

Sep 28, 2022 at 02:30 PM
flash
• • • • •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Rob Brand wrote:
Have had a lot of time to contemplate, and I just canceled my X2D order at B&H that I placed within hours of the launch announcement, so someone just moved up. Having more time to come back to reality, my primary photography is street/landscape and the idea of swapping out prime lenses on hiking trails and in harsh environments on the X2D isn't ideal. The GFX100S has a better stable of weather sealed zoom lenses which will reduce weight and keep me from having to change out lenses as much, so I just ordered it. Doesn't hurt that the
...Show more

You sir, obviously, have more will power in your mouse clicking finger, than I have in my entire body.

I did the maths and the GFX100S three zoom kit (20-35, 45-100, 100-200) is at least half a kilo (a bit more than ) lighter than the X2D with at least three less lens changes. The bodies are nearly identical in size and weight. But until HB produce a couple more zooms......

Supply will eventually stabilise. HB have a bit of a hit on their hands and have been conservative on build quantities, so far. But eventually you'll be able to see and feel one before using that index finger in anger...

And my 90mm has gone from Sept delivery to *backordered* here in Oz. I'm pretty sure I was one of the very first to order here.

Gordon

Sep 28, 2022 at 04:18 PM
pnwshooter

p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Very frustrating! The delay seems to be specific and isolated to certain countries or regions… perhaps I am reading the signals wrong but it could be related to a handful of shipments to countries or resellers. It feels like I could have gotten the camera had I ordered through a shop in a different country/location.

Sep 28, 2022 at 07:04 PM
SrMi
• •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

gbdesai wrote:
I ordered a 90 from BH and it's also nowhere to be seen, just like the X2D. Got my 38 like others last week.

Nobody has the 90v, except maybe the beta testers.

Sep 28, 2022 at 07:17 PM
BrandonSi
• • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Someone quoted Lloyd Chambers a while back saying he was expecting his camera to ship right about now.. anyone heard from him? I have no idea where to find his latest updates, and I refuse to pay his ridiculous prices to read his content..

Sep 28, 2022 at 08:46 PM
SrMi
• •
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

BrandonSi wrote:
Someone quoted Lloyd Chambers a while back saying he was expecting his camera to ship right about now.. anyone heard from him? I have no idea where to find his latest updates, and I refuse to pay his ridiculous prices to read his content..

Lloyd's free posts can be found here: https://diglloyd.com/

Sep 28, 2022 at 09:04 PM
pnwshooter

p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

It looks like the 30th (this Friday) is the new date Lloyd got from B&H...

Sep 29, 2022 at 01:34 AM
flash
• • • • •
p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Oz importer now lists next shipment of cameras Oct 30. Lenses a week or so before. No dates for the 90.

Gordon

Sep 29, 2022 at 03:41 PM
BrandonSi
• • •
p.4 #15 · p.4 #15 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

flash wrote:
Oz importer now lists next shipment of cameras Oct 30. Lenses a week or so before. No dates for the 90.

Gordon

Yikes! I'm hoping Lloyd's timing is accurate for North America..

At least I've got the 907x & X1D2 so that I'm not sitting on lenses I can't use. The 55 should be here tomorrow.

Very odd, the way the lens availability is far exceeding the camera availability. It wouldn't surprise me at all if there's less than 15-20 X2D's in all of North America at the moment.

Sep 29, 2022 at 04:15 PM
flash
• • • • •
p.4 #16 · p.4 #16 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

BrandonSi wrote:
Yikes! I'm hoping Lloyd's timing is accurate for North America..

At least I've got the 907x & X1D2 so that I'm not sitting on lenses I can't use. The 55 should be here tomorrow.

Very odd, the way the lens availability is far exceeding the camera availability. It wouldn't surprise me at all if there's less than 15-20 X2D's in all of North America at the moment.

Likely less than 10 in Oz. All were pre sold. It looks like HB severely underestimated demand or were just super conservative. Not a big company and they won't want a lot of inventory floating around.

I would guess most are updating from the X1D and have glass to test before deciding to update. that'd make lenses a bit easier to find.

Gordon

Sep 29, 2022 at 07:30 PM
BrandonSi
• • •
p.4 #17 · p.4 #17 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

X2D has shipped from B&H.

I also heard from another dealer in NY that they received their shipments in, and received 5 cameras.

So seems like today is the day for the first "large" batch of cameras.

Edited on Sep 30, 2022 at 10:52 AM · View previous versions

Sep 30, 2022 at 10:52 AM
gbdesai

p.4 #18 · p.4 #18 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

I got one of those dreaded "The following is still out of stock" emails from B&H...

Sep 30, 2022 at 10:52 AM
Grampz

p.4 #19 · p.4 #19 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

When did you order from B&H?
I ordered Sept 10 and still no X2D. I did get the 55mm lens tho.

Sep 30, 2022 at 12:03 PM
BrandonSi
• • •
p.4 #20 · p.4 #20 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Grampz wrote:
When did you order from B&H?
I ordered Sept 10 and still no X2D. I did get the 55mm lens tho.

Sept 7, about 30 seconds after it went live on the B&H website. I was using time.gov in another browser window and was mashing F5 on the B&H window. Maybe 1-2 people snuck in before me, but I imagine I had to be within their first 5 pre-orders placed.

Sep 30, 2022 at 12:19 PM
1       2       3      

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.