FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4              6       7       end

X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

BrandonSi
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

38V has arrived. Looks beautiful, such a better aesthetic than the first gen lenses. Was surprised at how light it was.. it's barely heavier than the 45p.

Doesn't feel too large with the hood on, either. Typically, I reverse the hoods (and man does Hasselblad make that more difficult than it needs to be) but I think I'll leave it in place on the 38.

Sep 22, 2022 at 08:05 PM
Jaree
• • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Pre-ordered from B&H then cancelled since Sep 15th eta came and no sign of X2D or the 38 and 55. Spoke to my gearhead friend in Switzerland last Wed and he asked me to give him 2 weeks. Today I got tracking #s and he has arranged for all three items to be shipped and delivered to me by Mon Sep 26. Apparently being friends with gearheads in Europe also helps with sourcing hard to find cameras!

Sep 22, 2022 at 09:49 PM
Jaree
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

I am still debating if I get the 90 V. I already have the "older" XCD 90 and the weight difference is only 60 grams or so in favor of the V. With the XCD 90 stunning in IQ, I don't see how 90 V can be better. I can live with the annoying metallic shutter sound and slower (how much slower than the V?) AF of the current 90. Can't think of any other reason why the V would be better.

Sep 22, 2022 at 09:57 PM
SrMi
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Jaree wrote:
I am still debating if I get the 90 V. I already have the "older" XCD 90 and the weight difference is only 60 grams or so in favor of the V. With the XCD 90 stunning in IQ, I don't see how 90 V can be better. I can live with the annoying metallic shutter sound and slower (how much slower than the V?) AF of the current 90. Can't think of any other reason why the V would be better.

I am sure the "plain" XCD 90 is great. I have it and love it.
However, the new one is f/2.5 vs. f/3.2, it has a distance scale in MF (prefocusing), it has a programmable ring (for aperture or something else), and is the only lens that can shoot up to 1/4000 sec (all others have 1/2000 max shutter speed).
It is up to you to decide whether it is worth to you.

Sep 22, 2022 at 10:37 PM
Joe Colson
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

This from Lloyd Chambers:
"But B&H still did not receive the stock it expected of X2D, and so I have no X2D yet. The latest news is that it should arrive at B&H September 28 or 29 whereupon it can be overnighted to me."

This episode in Hasselblad history is beginning to remind me of the painful wait experienced in 2016 when I ordered the original X1D on the first day of the pre-order and didn't get one until December-January.

Joe

Sep 23, 2022 at 07:49 AM
Jaree
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

SrMi wrote:
I am sure the "plain" XCD 90 is great. I have it and love it.
However, the new one is f/2.5 vs. f/3.2, it has a distance scale in MF (prefocusing), it has a programmable ring (for aperture or something else), and is the only lens that can shoot up to 1/4000 sec (all others have 1/2000 max shutter speed).
It is up to you to decide whether it is worth to you.

Yes, good points. I will see if I can borrow the 90V for a few days.

I am not much of a charts person, but since this is a photo forum: the "old" 90, wide open seems to have a more even performance across the frame than the V. Now it is not apples to apples since the V is 2.5 wide-open, but even when both are stopped down, the older one seems to have a balanced performance across the frame. All subjective of course and hard to compare because the readings are not at the same aperture and these are first world problems anyway. Maybe the trade-off was a higher central sharpness with less even performance across the image.

Sep 23, 2022 at 09:58 AM
pnwshooter

p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

My friends in West Europe who ordered 2-5 days after announcement are starting to see their orders shipped. Means HB is ramping up production..

Hopefully we will see US orders getting fulfilled soon - fingers crossed!

Sep 23, 2022 at 07:16 PM
BrandonSi
• • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Jaree wrote:
Yes, good points. I will see if I can borrow the 90V for a few days.

I am not much of a charts person, but since this is a photo forum: the "old" 90, wide open seems to have a more even performance across the frame than the V. Now it is not apples to apples since the V is 2.5 wide-open, but even when both are stopped down, the older one seems to have a balanced performance across the frame. All subjective of course and hard to compare because the readings are not at the same aperture and these
...Show more

Maybe at some point I'll replace it.. but only for the AF speed. The optics are still amazing on the original 90mm.. Here's one from today. 100% crop. It does this wide open... !!

X1D II 50C    XCD 90 lens    90mm    f/3.2    1/100s    400 ISO    -1.1 EV  

Sep 23, 2022 at 07:34 PM
Jaree
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Yes am in a similar boat, I may replace the current 90 at "some point"!

Good capture, btw. I feel the darker tones with the XCD 90 are much richer than the other lenses in the series but that could also be my bias since it is my fav lens.

BrandonSi wrote:
Maybe at some point I'll replace it.. but only for the AF speed. The optics are still amazing on the original 90mm.. Here's one from today. 100% crop. It does this wide open... !!

Sep 23, 2022 at 08:44 PM
BrandonSi
• • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Anyone seeing movement at all this week? I know B&H is unfortunately shut down until Wed AM.. curious to see if any other shops start shipping, either lenses or cameras.

Sep 26, 2022 at 08:36 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

pnwshooter

p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Still no update nor ETA - ordered via a local dealer. I am not expecting to hear an update until mid-Oct.

Sep 26, 2022 at 10:57 AM
Rob Brand
• •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

I've given B&H a deadline of having to ship by Oct-5 before I leave for Banff a week later. Hoping to not have to incur the cost of renting a GSF100S + lenses on top of the X2D purchase, whenever that happens.

Rented the Fuji this past weekend and I was surprised to find images taken on a tripod to not be as sharp as I expected. Not saying they were bad, I just didn't see the detail I expected from a 100mp sensor. Perhaps a bad copy of the 32-64 lens? Even if so, the menu system felt like going backwards to my days with the X100F (has it changed at all?) and the ergonomics just felt... off.

I was hoping to love it considering the price difference between it and the lenses vs the Hasselblad. I didn't.

Sep 26, 2022 at 02:00 PM
Jaree
• • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

I gave up on B&H as they always have a long queue.

Sep 26, 2022 at 03:01 PM
flash
• • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Rob Brand wrote:
I've given B&H a deadline of having to ship by Oct-5 before I leave for Banff a week later. Hoping to not have to incur the cost of renting a GSF100S + lenses on top of the X2D purchase, whenever that happens.

Rented the Fuji this past weekend and I was surprised to find images taken on a tripod to not be as sharp as I expected. Not saying they were bad, I just didn't see the detail I expected from a 100mp sensor. Perhaps a bad copy of the 32-64 lens? Even if so, the menu system felt
...Show more

Was the IBIS turned off?

I too find the menus and ergonomics to be a bit *off*. The grip need to be reshaped a bit, I think.

When I compare the GFX100S to the X2D the files on the GFX seem to be less open in the midtones than the Hasselblad. A simple curve to open them up really helps give them some *bite* they lack out of camera. The GFX also responds well to the detail slider in LR, if you use LR.

Gordon

Sep 26, 2022 at 03:03 PM
Rob Brand
• •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

flash wrote:
Was the IBIS turned off?

I too find the menus and ergonomics to be a bit *off*. The grip need to be reshaped a bit, I think.

When I compare the GFX100S to the X2D the files on the GFX seem to be less open in the midtones than the Hasselblad. A simple curve to open them up really helps give them some *bite* they lack out of camera. The GFX also responds well to the detail slider in LR, if you use LR.

Gordon

IBIS was the first thing I checked on the camera after reviewing some images in LR. Not using a lens with an IS switch on it, I couldn't find the setting in the menus for a good couple of minutes. I went right past it a few times and I guess the terminology of "IS MODE" didn't click in my head. It's that kind of frustration that gives me pause to a system such as Fuji (though not as bad as Sony) with the deep menu systems. I just want to use the camera, not become an expert in the menu structure. It's why I love the Leica M and the Hasselbad.
I expect I'll be renting it again as I'm just going to assume the X2D won't arrive in time.

Thanks for the LR suggestion. I'm going to try that after dinner tonight.

Sep 26, 2022 at 04:50 PM
neekon123

p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Realized I put this in the wrong thread. I have moved it over to the image thread

Edited on Sep 27, 2022 at 12:49 PM · View previous versions

Sep 27, 2022 at 11:56 AM
pnwshooter

p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Anyone ordered through Adorama and have received updates on their orders and/or got it delivered? Wondering if the queue is shorter there.

Sep 27, 2022 at 12:45 PM
BrandonSi
• • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

My 55mm has now shipped.. still nothing on the X2d :/

Sep 27, 2022 at 05:21 PM
pnwshooter

p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Thanks for sharing the update BrandonSi - that gives me hope… HB has been very tight lipped about the X2D I am beginning to suspect not meeting FCC regulations or something even more serious…

Curious did you order through B&H?

Sep 27, 2022 at 05:28 PM
BrandonSi
• • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

pnwshooter wrote:
Thanks for sharing the update BrandonSi - that gives me hope… HB has been very tight lipped about the X2D I am beginning to suspect not meeting FCC regulations or something even more serious…

Curious did you order through B&H?

I ordered my 38mm through B&H, and that arrived a week or so ago. The 55 was from a regional dealer out in your area, and that just shipped today. I do have an X2D ordered with both.. if they both ship I’ll save one for you :P

Sep 27, 2022 at 05:36 PM
1       2      

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password