New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              6       7       end

Archive 2022 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

BrandonSi
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

I know you lucky Europeans have seen some shipments moving around over there, but the rest of us are still waiting for our shiny new cameras... The initially documented North American availability date from various retailers for the X2D and V lenses was September 15. Seeing as how we're on the eve of the 14th (at least here in the US), I figured I'd start this thread to share pre-order info and shipment updates.

Not just restricted to North America, please share any info you'd like as far as the X2D order process, but please include at a minimum..

Location (Country, State / Province / Parish / Canton / etc..)
Order Date
Order Status / updates
Delivery date

If you'd like to mention the dealer / retailer you ordered from, that'd be helpful as well, but I realize some people like to keep their smaller dealers to themselves.

Sep 14, 2022 at 10:36 PM
BrandonSi
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

I guess i'll kick it off then....

Order Date : 2022-09-07 (Early AM)
Order Status / updates : N/A
Delivery date : N/A

B&H

Sep 14, 2022 at 10:38 PM
flash
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Australia; NSW
Order Date: 1hr after release announcement.
Order status: Delivered
Delivery Date: Currently listed as out of stock which means the next import shipment for 23rd sept is already sold out. Importer updates its website when they get shipping info from Hasselblad.
Ordered from: Australian Importer direct.

In Oz you can order directly from importer or one dealer in 5 states. So info page from importer is.

https://crkphotoimaging.com.au/_brands/hasselblad

Gordon

Sep 14, 2022 at 10:50 PM
BrandonSi
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Well, it's officially past opening hours @ B&H on the 15th.. Curious if any lucky people out there saw shipping notices?

I've checked Twitter and don't see anyone bragging quite yet.. wonder if the boat just got stuck in a port queue somewhere..

Sep 15, 2022 at 08:41 AM
SrMi
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

My US Hasselblad dealer wrote me to expect two to three weeks before any shipment. I assume that is from the launch day.

Sep 15, 2022 at 11:40 AM
Jaree
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

None, though I ordered a bit late, on Sep 10 so don't expect delivery soon anyway.

BrandonSi wrote:
Well, it's officially past opening hours @ B&H on the 15th.. Curious if any lucky people out there saw shipping notices?

I've checked Twitter and don't see anyone bragging quite yet.. wonder if the boat just got stuck in a port queue somewhere..

Sep 15, 2022 at 11:55 AM
SrMi
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

BTW, I ordered mine on August 26th .

Sep 15, 2022 at 12:17 PM
BrandonSi
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

SrMi wrote:
BTW, I ordered mine on August 26th .

Well, if we're talking about dealer pre-order lists.. then I placed mine in June.. :P

Strange that there would be such a delay between Europe, Australia and the US.. If it was just Europeans getting their cameras, then land-based shipping would explain it... but Gordon's in Australia..

I guess maybe the Australian boat made good time..

Sep 15, 2022 at 02:55 PM
Jaree
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

According to B&H "Hasselblad hasn't provided any ETA". Until couple of days ago it was confirmed Sep 15th shipment, now no ETA.

Sep 15, 2022 at 03:44 PM
Rob Brand
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Ordered mine on launch day from B&H. Spoke to someone at B&H today who said the delivery date has been pushed back due to production issues with no expected date provided.

Sep 15, 2022 at 03:57 PM
BrandonSi
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Rob Brand wrote:
Ordered mine on launch day from B&H. Spoke to someone at B&H today who said the delivery date has been pushed back due to production issues with no expected date provided.

Oh no.. that doesn't bode well for anyone, even those with the cameras.

Sep 15, 2022 at 10:15 PM
agrumpyoldsod
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Order placed on launch day and X2D arrived on 14th Sept. My supplier (South of London UK) had received 10 to sell and my purchase was the 10th. No XCD V2 lenses yet.

I am discovering how to use this camera -- but bad weather is hampering play.

It works well with my existing 5 XCD lenses (21, 30, 80, 120 and 135) and I fitted a Novoflex HAX/NIK adapter to allow me to use a Nikon PC-E 24mm lens on it -- and it works - having remembered to enable the Electronic Shutter.

I also fitted the RRS L-bracket I had on my X1D-II and while it fits (badly) I cannot access the battery without removing the bracket -- I hope new version of this bracket come soon. I prefer the freedom to shoot landscape or portrait.

A few initial shots can be seen HERE. These were handheld and processed as usual - using Phocus to import, initial adjustments and export as 16-bit ProFoto TIF files for adjusting/editing and polishing with Topaz AI products. I also tried the new version of Topaz Photo AI (v1.0) this morning and continue to advise NOT to use Photo Enhance or Face Recovery tools. The AI sharpening needs to be knocked back a lot.

Sep 16, 2022 at 05:08 AM
malotru007

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

agrumpyoldsod wrote:
Order placed on launch day and X2D arrived on 14th Sept. My supplier (South of London UK) had received 10 to sell and my purchase was the 10th. No XCD V2 lenses yet.

It works well with my existing 5 XCD lenses (21, 30, 80, 120 and 135) and I fitted a Novoflex HAX/NIK adapter to allow me to use a Nikon PC-E 24mm lens on it -- and it works - having remembered to enable the Electronic Shutter.

I also fitted the RRS L-bracket I had on
...Show more

How would you rate the AF. There's not a lot of reviews online. One review said it was slow and haunted but user experience so far as been really positive. Would love to have your own POV.

Sep 16, 2022 at 11:03 AM
SrMi
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

malotru007 wrote:
How would you rate the AF. There's not a lot of reviews online. One review said it was slow and haunted but user experience so far as been really positive. Would love to have your own POV.

Check this forum for the early AF evaluation, starting here.

Sep 16, 2022 at 11:18 AM
SrMi
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

I was informed that X2D-s would be shipped to my dealer next week.

Sep 16, 2022 at 12:52 PM
flash
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

agrumpyoldsod wrote:

I also fitted the RRS L-bracket I had on
...Show more

Throw some impressions on the X2D thread. Interested to see how you feel vs the X1D.

Gordon

Sep 16, 2022 at 04:09 PM
BrandonSi
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

SrMi wrote:
I was informed that X2D-s would be shipped to my dealer next week.

Jim K over at DPR reported hearing something similar..

So looks like next week the dealers should hopefully have their initial allotments. Fingers crossed they get them by Thursday to beat the weekend for those overnight shipping people.

Will be excited to see these roll out more widely and see more discussion / reviews.

Sep 16, 2022 at 04:13 PM
agrumpyoldsod
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

Not with standing the fact that the X2D shoots 101.8mp 16-bit images, which seem to average 220MB each it is much faster than I remember my X1DII: to start up, to focus (with the older XCD lenses, which are all I have), to move Af points, EVF and LCD screen are fast. etc......... AND to take and save photos. I have used it with just the SSD and with both an SSD and a CF Express Type B card (not a very very fast one) and it is quicker ---- AND the image quality is spectacular (Import RAW files and make initial adjustments (including lens corrections) in Phocus then export as a 16-bit Profoto TIF before working on the images in LR/LRC/PS. There seems to be no point exporting as DNG files, I believe one looses the Hasselblad colour science adjustments, but I don't know for sure yet).
BUT and there are buts:
-- shooting with X2D is WAY WAY slower than my Z9 -- there is a short lag between pressing the shutter button and the shutter closing and then reopening - it seems shorter on the X2D than on the X1DII.
-- shooting continuously seems much much faster -- the quoted 3.3fps is for 14-bit. I took 10 shots 16-bit raw saved to the SSD and a CF card took 5.6 seconds - so 1.8fps. I pre-focussed and did not change/subject focus between shots.
-- moving the AF point with the new small "trackpad areas on the rear LCD - is very fast and could not be easier. When shooting landscape or portrait.
-- using the AF-D (af-on) back button does seem to speed up shooting a tiny bit.
No eye/face tracking YET -- but it is coming. Hasselblad will not say when. I hope this does come soon and as a minimum works well with humans and animals.

Body is slightly larger, heavier and the grip is deeper GOOD - my RRS L-plate for the X1D-II fits the X2D but not well and it partially covers the battery. So has to be removed to change batteries. Body gets warm when recharging with one of my MAC USB-C MBP charging blocks -- but it is quicker than a lower amperage charger.
Body seems to have more weather sealing than the X1D-II -- but I will continue to use raincovers. I understand the new lenses have a rubber gasket on them to provide a better seal between the camera mount and the lens.

First 3 new style lenses 38, 55 and 90 are not ideal for me.
I will probably buy one or more next week. It depends on when my supplier gets stock and in what order.
The 90mm/2.5 V2 (71mm/2.0 35mm eq) is of most interest for headshots -- I have the 80/1.9 (63mm/1.5 35mm eq) and would probably trade it in - the 90 is the only lens that can be used at 1/4000th (all others are only rated to /2000th.
The 38/2.5 (30mm f/2 35mm eq) and 55/2.5 (43mm f/2.0 35mm eq) are not my favourite focal lengths -- currently I use the 21/4 (17mm f/3.2 35mm eq), 120/3.5 Macro (95mm f/2.8 35mm eq) and the 135/2.8+TC17 (105mm f/2.2 or 178mm f/3.5 35mm eq) most frequently.
Both the Macro and 21mm are spectacularly good.
I might swap my 30mm for the new 38mm or just sell this lens. I asked for a lens road map - they will not provide this YET. I want to wait to see if "better for me" focal lengths emerge.
Hasselblad has to update Phocus Mobile before one can control this camera with an iPhone (and presumably other devices) -- this is promised for autumn -- so soon - the X2D has lost its audio in and out sockets and therefore an external wired trigger can no longer be used.

I took some initial images yesterday and went out again -- very briefly today - I also took a Nikon PC-E 24mm tilt and shift lens and Novoflex adapter -- the results can be seen HERE

Sep 16, 2022 at 04:14 PM
SrMi
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

BrandonSi wrote:
Jim K over at DPR reported hearing something similar..

So looks like next week the dealers should hopefully have their initial allotments. Fingers crossed they get them by Thursday to beat the weekend for those overnight shipping people.

Will be excited to see these roll out more widely and see more discussion / reviews.

I believe we have the same dealer, though .

Sep 16, 2022 at 05:52 PM
Rob Brand
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · X2D - The Great Shipping Thread

For what it's worth, Hasselblad's website now indicates 20-25 days upon payment confirmation for X2D's ordered today, down from 35-45 days. The lenses are still showing 35-45 days.

Sep 19, 2022 at 02:40 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.