New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Nikon Warranty

AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon Warranty

What’s Nikon’s warranty now? Top LCD on my Z6II is out, just noticed. Don’t have access to the paper work right not, got it from Adorama in Nov 2020.

Sep 12, 2022 at 06:04 PM
Robert Mustell

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon Warranty

Assuming Nikon USA, 1 year.
https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/shopping-help/warranties.page

Sep 12, 2022 at 06:11 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon Warranty

I found this on another forum. It may or may not help.

Sep 12, 2022 at 08:38 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon Warranty

OP’s talking about the screen on top of the camera that shows the settings.

runamuck wrote:
I found this on another forum. It may or may not help.

Sep 12, 2022 at 09:20 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nikon Warranty

I tried...

Sep 13, 2022 at 11:29 AM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Nikon Warranty

AdaptedLenses wrote:
What’s Nikon’s warranty now? Top LCD on my Z6II is out, just noticed. Don’t have access to the paper work right not, got it from Adorama in Nov 2020.

Don't forget, many credit cards double your warranty if you pay in full on the CC. Get to finding that paperwork, you have a ticking clock here!

Sep 13, 2022 at 11:44 AM
AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Nikon Warranty

Will have to check it out, not the end of the world, rarely look at it, but annoying none the less and I like that its there for when I do happen to look... don't think I have the CC benefit but will check it out.

Sep 13, 2022 at 04:01 PM
elkhornsun
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Nikon Warranty

Nikon stopped honoring its 5-year warranty on its lenses and no doubt the result of higher repair volumes. Even with lens I bought new for $2800 and $12,300 I have had to pay for the repairs out of pocket when defects appreared with the electronics.

Sep 16, 2022 at 04:12 PM
gdsf2
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Nikon Warranty

elkhornsun wrote:
Nikon stopped honoring its 5-year warranty on its lenses and no doubt the result of higher repair volumes. Even with lens I bought new for $2800 and $12,300 I have had to pay for the repairs out of pocket when defects appreared with the electronics.

Let’s be clear. Nikon changed its warranty from 5 years to 1 year on new lenses sold in the US. If you purchased a lens with a 5 year warranty, Nikon honors that warranty. If you purchased a lens with a 1 year warranty, Nikon honors that warranty. Nikon never stopped honoring its warranties.

Sep 17, 2022 at 08:31 AM
elkhornsun
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Nikon Warranty

They did not honor that warranty on my 600mm f/4 lens that I bought with the 5-year warranty and that I spent $600 to have repaired with a failed autofocus motor this August. I could take them to court but I needed the lens back.

It still shows that having discontinued the 5-year warranty on lenses that Nikon has no confidence in their reliability. It is even worse with their "refurbished" cameras that have only a 90-day warranty provided by Nikon.

If one has a choice between buying a new lens with a 1-year warranty and a used lens with no warranty but at half the cost, the used lens is the smarter buy.

Oct 02, 2022 at 04:44 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Nikon Warranty

it had the 5-year warranty emblem on the box? along with your receipt and matching s/n they would have to honor it. it is a legal document unless of course there was mitigating circumstances that allowed/caused the warranty to be voided.

Oct 02, 2022 at 05:37 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.