Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · How to shoot a driver from inside a car?

saxguy
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How to shoot a driver from inside a car?

A friend of mine was asked by a watch company to take some photos of him wearing his watch while shifting a car using a manual transmission. He asked me to take the photos for him. I will have to take these from the passenger or rear seat. My widest lens currently in my kit is a 35mm and I’m thinking that’s not going to cut it. I’d rather use a fast prime than a zoom. What focal length should I be looking at for something like this?

Sep 11, 2022 at 11:39 PM
daronk
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How to shoot a driver from inside a car?

Can't the vehicle be stationary and you shoot from the open door of the passenger side? You could PS the window view with horizontal blur to show movement or maybe suction the body to the window and fire remotely.

Sep 12, 2022 at 12:28 PM
tigawoods

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How to shoot a driver from inside a car?

^ that or remove the passenger seat and sit in the rear. Just frame the shot so as not to make it seen that the seat had been removed.

That would allow more freedom of focal length choice.

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:23 PM
Herb
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How to shoot a driver from inside a car?

I would use my 11-24….

Sep 29, 2022 at 09:34 PM
FoleyAMG
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How to shoot a driver from inside a car?

I would use a couple magic arms, set it up as a remote camera or tether from the back seat. Setting up as a remote will allow you to get those low angles. I would shoot it with a 75-90mm for some tight shots...and then would use something like Sony's 12-24 GM for the wider shots...use some constant lights to light it...will give you some better control over it...

Oct 01, 2022 at 07:12 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.