New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

150-400 in stock in the USA?

FrankA373
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 150-400 in stock in the USA?

Are there any in stock yet anywhere? I am hearing some are getting these fairly quickly after ordering at there store.

Sep 09, 2022 at 08:55 AM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 150-400 in stock in the USA?

FrankA373 wrote:
Are there any in stock yet anywhere? I am hearing some are getting these fairly quickly after ordering at there store.

Mine just came in today (in Canada) so presumably that means a shipment landed in North America this week...

Sep 23, 2022 at 03:51 PM
jeffryscott
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 150-400 in stock in the USA?

Check with Eugene at Competitive Cameras in Dallas. First rate service! I was there a month ago and inquired about the lens and he said I would be first on the list if I wanted one new. But he had access to a like new one from an estate sale and I was able to purchase that one!

Sep 24, 2022 at 07:06 PM
dcisive
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 150-400 in stock in the USA?

I'd agree Eugene has had good luck getting those lenses. I had a friend that I had order it from him back in July and he got one 3 weeks later. Not too bad. A lot better than the 6 months some dealers are quoting.

Sep 25, 2022 at 02:01 PM
hoodlum90
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 150-400 in stock in the USA?

You definitely donít want to order from GetOlympus as they have 200 on the wait list and the current wait is 6 months. You would want to look at some of the Mid-size retailers that seem to be getting it quicker.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/66522093

ďHe said there is one person that manages the list, and he would check with them and get back to me. He called about 30 minutes later and confirmed I was still on the list, that there were about 200 others ahead of me on the list and that it would likely be about 6 months before one was available for me.ď

Oct 05, 2022 at 11:10 AM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 150-400 in stock in the USA?

Camera Canada has been getting these lenses fairly regularly - mine was the 14th one they've sold since they started shipping.

Oct 05, 2022 at 11:45 AM
FrankA373
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 150-400 in stock in the USA?

Fortuitously because I just wasnít sure I put an order in at Olympus USA on December 27 that I forgot about. I called them yesterday and they said by the end of October it should be available. So that will be 10 months. Now I have to decide if I want it.

Oct 06, 2022 at 10:14 AM
robert_in_ca
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 150-400 in stock in the USA?

Third timeís a charm!

FrankA373 wrote:
Fortuitously because I just wasnít sure I put an order in at Olympus USA on December 27 that I forgot about. I called them yesterday and they said by the end of October it should be available. So that will be 10 months. Now I have to decide if I want it.

Oct 16, 2022 at 12:59 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 150-400 in stock in the USA?

Anyone still looking for one of these lenses? I might sell mine, although it would probably have to be limited to Canada only, due to shipping costs and insurance limits.

Oct 25, 2022 at 01:05 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

FrankA373
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 150-400 in stock in the USA?

The are two of these for sale on FM and both in the USA.

Oct 26, 2022 at 08:05 AM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 150-400 in stock in the USA?

molson wrote:
Anyone still looking for one of these lenses? I might sell mine, although it would probably have to be limited to Canada only, due to shipping costs and insurance limits.

You have had it a month? I am curious why you are thinking of selling?

Oct 26, 2022 at 10:39 AM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 150-400 in stock in the USA?

galenapass wrote:
You have had it a month? I am curious why you are thinking of selling?

Financial reasons... I had a very limited window of time to decide to buy this lens, and I took the plunge thinking I could easily sell off my Sony gear to pay for it. Here we are over a month later, and I'm still not even getting the usual low-ball offers for my Sony gear, so something needs to go; I thought this might be easier to sell since they are still hard to find.

Oct 26, 2022 at 10:51 AM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 150-400 in stock in the USA?

molson wrote:
Financial reasons... I had a very limited window of time to decide to buy this lens, and I took the plunge thinking I could easily sell off my Sony gear to pay for it. Here we are over a month later, and I'm still not even getting the usual low-ball offers for my Sony gear, so something needs to go; I thought this might be easier to sell since they are still hard to find.

That makes sense. Good luck with the sale. At the beginning of this last summer, I sent an A9 and A7rIV to KEH because their prices were not too far off from what I could get on the FM B&S. I was surprised at how much I got from KEH because usually it is better to sell here on FM. Not sure how things stand right now though.

Oct 26, 2022 at 11:16 AM
jeffryscott
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · 150-400 in stock in the USA?

galenapass wrote:
That makes sense. Good luck with the sale. At the beginning of this last summer, I sent an A9 and A7rIV to KEH because their prices were not too far off from what I could get on the FM B&S. I was surprised at how much I got from KEH because usually it is better to sell here on FM. Not sure how things stand right now though.

MPB.com is also a good place to sell gear. I sold my Sony stuff to them when I bought the 150-400. They pay for shipping, transfer funds electronically and pay not far from what I could have done here once you include PayPal fees, shipping and insurance.

Oct 27, 2022 at 05:15 AM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · 150-400 in stock in the USA?

galenapass wrote:

Last time I got a quote from KEH, they were offering 30 cents on the dollar (30% of what they were selling the same item for).

Oct 27, 2022 at 08:28 AM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · 150-400 in stock in the USA?

jeffryscott wrote:
MPB.com is also a good place to sell gear. I sold my Sony stuff to them when I bought the 150-400. They pay for shipping, transfer funds electronically and pay not far from what I could have done here once you include PayPal fees, shipping and insurance.

Last time I checked, they wouldn't buy from or sell to Canada. Their quote on my Sony A7R IVa was about 30% less than the lowest offer I got when I had it listed here.

Oct 27, 2022 at 08:29 AM
FrankA373
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · 150-400 in stock in the USA?

OMDS in the US is shipping the lens this week. Thatís ten and a half months since placing the order.

Nov 14, 2022 at 10:20 AM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password