Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · OM-1 import of photos with GPS to Lightroom.

tdtaylor
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · OM-1 import of photos with GPS to Lightroom.

I am not usually interested in GPS info, but headed on a trip with lots of travel, so I dipped into GPS. Figured how to turn it on, and use the phone to embed GPS info into the photo. When I take a photo, it displays the GPS icon on the playback window.

My problem is when I import it to Lightroom (Classic). None of the EXIF GPS data is imported. Checked settings, internet, etc. with no luck. The only bits of information I found dated back to 2018 where Lightroom's import had issues. Both camera and Apple iMac are up to date.

Any assistance would be great. Really want to get it imbedded in the photo in the camera as opposed to the effort of importing GPS tracks. (won't get into why GPS was not in a flagship model- have it in everything else).

Many Thanks.

Sep 08, 2022 at 03:22 PM
tdtaylor
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · OM-1 import of photos with GPS to Lightroom.

Was able to load the photos into OM Workspace- a task since I have never used it. The embedded GPS information did show up in the EXIF info. So it appears I rather am missing some setting in Lightroom or Lightroom doesn't want to play well with the OM-1.

Sep 08, 2022 at 03:43 PM
elkhornsun
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · OM-1 import of photos with GPS to Lightroom.

GPS capable cameras are very rare and doubt that Adobe bothered to upgrade LR to manage it. Might download a trial copy of Bridge and see if it will read the GPS data.

Sep 20, 2022 at 10:43 PM
Tom Reynolds
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · OM-1 import of photos with GPS to Lightroom.

Adobe Bridge has a location to manually load GFS data.

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:57 AM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · OM-1 import of photos with GPS to Lightroom.

This video might help:

Looks like you have to Geotag the images with the app (while still in the camera) before you import them into LR. I need to give this a try myself. I'd be interested to know if you have success.

One more thing, I think you need an internet connection because LR will need to get map information from the internet before displaying where the photos were taken.

Edited on Sep 21, 2022 at 02:34 PM · View previous versions

Sep 21, 2022 at 01:59 PM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · OM-1 import of photos with GPS to Lightroom.

elkhornsun wrote:
GPS capable cameras are very rare and doubt that Adobe bothered to upgrade LR to manage it. Might download a trial copy of Bridge and see if it will read the GPS data.

The OM1 (camera the OP is asking about) is not GPS capable - it needs a cell phone app/connection. The EM1x was GPS capable, but not the OM1. The EM1x geotagging works well and LR handles it nicely. It was a feature that I miss since I have now sold the EM1x. I have not tried to use the OI.track app but if it tags the images prior to import then LR will be able to display the location data without issue.

Sep 21, 2022 at 02:02 PM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.