p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Bridge ...

to nowhere.

Kent Southers 2022

Aug 27, 2022 at 08:04 PM
EverLearning
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Bridge ...

The image is too dark. Try brightening your blacks.

There's always one in the crowd, right?

Neat image. I like the slightly offset composition. I wonder if it has been oversharpened; especially the look of the three right-most cables. It may just be a very prominent spiral pattern on the cables though.

It is a simple image; all about contrast and lines. Not much else to say. I could see this fitting in some corporate offices and in some contemporary homes. I wouldn't say it would have broad appeal though. That's good and bad. Maybe not a home run if looking to monetize it but it does speak to originality and creativity.

Don

Aug 28, 2022 at 10:12 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Bridge ...

EverLearning wrote:
The image is too dark. Try brightening your blacks.

There's always one in the crowd, right?

Neat image. I like the slightly offset composition. I wonder if it has been oversharpened; especially the look of the three right-most cables. It may just be a very prominent spiral pattern on the cables though.

It is a simple image; all about contrast and lines. Not much else to say. I could see this fitting in some corporate offices and in some contemporary homes. I wouldn't say it would have broad appeal though. That's good and bad. Maybe not a home run
...Show more

Thanks Don.

Yeah, my blacks are always a point of consideration. Something I'll feel out better when I get to printing. The range here is from about 2-3 to about 240. Depending on paper / ink combo (tbd), I anticipate adjustments will be par for the course. These being (pre-printing) "drafts" for now.

As to the cables, here's another one that might provide some insight.

Gotcha at "broad appeal". I'll take the originality and creativity side of things. Imo, "lack of broad appeal" comes as an understood, when marching in that direction.

Kent Southers 2022

Aug 28, 2022 at 11:13 AM
EverLearning
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Bridge ...

Just to be clear Kent, I was taken your well-known like of darker images and having a little fun with it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your blacks here. I think you knew what I meant but my attempt at humour can be missed at times.

Don

Aug 28, 2022 at 11:35 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Bridge ...

EverLearning wrote:
Just to be clear Kent, I was taken your well-known like of darker images and having a little fun with it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your blacks here. I think you knew what I meant but my attempt at humour can be missed at times.

Don

+1 for the humor ... kinda like how I would tell Dave that his sky was too blue (referring to his early days of frequent color cast), as an "inside joke".

I'm with ya.

Aug 28, 2022 at 12:53 PM
jaggedhorizon
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Bridge ...

I always enjoy abstracts carved out of objects around us, whether large or small. This is one of the good ones. I like the use of negative space (I would have probably centred the composition, but now that I see this way I prefer it).

As usual with these things, there's an even stronger impact as part of a series, or perhaps printed large.

Aug 29, 2022 at 01:43 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Bridge ...

jaggedhorizon wrote:
I always enjoy abstracts carved out of objects around us, whether large or small. This is one of the good ones. I like the use of negative space (I would have probably centred the composition, but now that I see this way I prefer it).

As usual with these things, there's an even stronger impact as part of a series, or perhaps printed large.

Thanks Cedric. I don't generally do series, but I this might be one to consider doing so. Thanks again.

Aug 29, 2022 at 07:02 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Bridge ...

fine as is
the deep blacks are necessary and I like your explorations of simple, direct images emphasizing light against dark
Scott

Aug 31, 2022 at 09:26 AM
Shasoc
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Bridge ...

It works very well for me, Kent. Simplicity and strength the words that come to my mind.
Well seen and presented.

Socrate

Aug 31, 2022 at 12:18 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Bridge ...

sbeme wrote:
fine as is
the deep blacks are necessary and I like your explorations of simple, direct images emphasizing light against dark
Scott

Hey Scott ... been a bit, hope all is well.

Thanks.

Aug 31, 2022 at 08:02 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Bridge ...

Shasoc wrote:
It works very well for me, Kent. Simplicity and strength the words that come to my mind.
Well seen and presented.

Socrate

Thanks, Socrate.

Aug 31, 2022 at 08:03 PM
IndyFab
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Bridge ...

Like the first, very nice, there are some breaks in the verticals on right side, a healing brush could easily take care of it.

Sep 15, 2022 at 12:05 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Bridge ...

IndyFab wrote:
Like the first, very nice, there are some breaks in the verticals on right side, a healing brush could easily take care of it.

Thanks.

"breaks in the verticals" ... not sure what you're referring to. Could you point them out (markup, etc.) or explain? I'll be submitting this one soon, so I appreciate if I missed something.

Sep 15, 2022 at 06:46 AM
IndyFab
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Bridge ...

Sep 15, 2022 at 10:22 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Bridge ...

Okay, thanks. I was hoping that was what you were talking about.

Yeah, those look like they are some kind of joint.
I would have liked them to be better lined up, but I don't think the construction crew was too worried about my pic, when they built it.

If you look at the top right corner of the other image (single cable), you can see the joint a bit more clearly.

Sep 15, 2022 at 05:18 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.