FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

Queen of the Night

Bruce_T
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Queen of the Night

There are a variety of species called 'Queen of the Night' or 'Night-blooming Cereus'. Not sure which one we have, but every now and again it produces huge, fragrant flowers, each of which blooms and fades over one night.

These pics were taken over several years, most recently last night, with a Tamron 90mm macro.

Aug 26, 2022 at 11:49 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Queen of the Night

Nice images.

They are now either Epihyllum species or Selenicerus species, some having been in other genera before. What I can see of the stem suggests the former.

Harold

Aug 27, 2022 at 03:59 AM
Bruce_T
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Queen of the Night

e6filmuser wrote:
Nice images.

They are now either Epihyllum species or Selenicerus species, some having been in other genera before. What I can see of the stem suggests the former.

Harold

Thank you for the kind words and botanical clarification! Yes, I suspect Epiphyllum - the internet says that Selenicerus is rare in cultivation.

Aug 27, 2022 at 08:18 PM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Queen of the Night

Bruce_T wrote:
Thank you for the kind words and botanical clarification! Yes, I suspect Epiphyllum - the internet says that Selenicerus is rare in cultivation.

I have half a dozen Selenicereus species and a couple of hybrids. They are shy about flowering. Their availability is irregular in cultivation but you could probably find three or four on Ebay right now.

Harold

Aug 27, 2022 at 11:17 PM

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password