Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              13      
14
       end
  

Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

  
 
phinix
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.14 #1 · p.14 #1 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review


For a long time I wanted this adapter very much. After all I've read about EA7 and this new one, I think I feel like this is not a good option. I loved the idea of AF with those beautiful Voigtlander lens on my Sony, but to be honest, being so expensive adapter and being 50/50 successful, with just 1 year of warranty, I think I will be better keeping my CV lens MF. If I fail with manual focus from time to time, it won't be a huge problem. But at least I will learn something and will keep their true purpose, with is manual focusing. If I was rich, I would give it a try, but in reality I will pass. There are so many amazing AF lens for Sony out there, that if I need AF, I will go for those. For all my manual focusing experience I can stay with CV lens and have fun. This is one of my moments of letting my GAS go


Jan 01, 2023 at 09:04 AM
grahamgibson
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.14 #2 · p.14 #2 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review


phinix wrote:
For a long time I wanted this adapter very much. After all I've read about EA7 and this new one, I think I feel like this is not a good option. I loved the idea of AF with those beautiful Voigtlander lens on my Sony, but to be honest, being so expensive adapter and being 50/50 successful, with just 1 year of warranty, I think I will be better keeping my CV lens MF. If I fail with manual focus from time to time, it won't be a huge problem. But at least I will learn something and will keep
...Show more

Seems reasonable to wait for some longer term reviews on this one. Iím glad I chose to wait and order directly through Techart for the warranty. Though I am happy to report that mine has worked well so far. I used it quite a bit over the holidays.



Jan 01, 2023 at 11:44 AM
phinix
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.14 #3 · p.14 #3 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review


I guess long term review could put more light on this one, true.

Another thing I wanted to ask - is there anyone who has that adapter, also has A7C?
I used 7artisans adapter for manual lens and found that it makes a lens - grip gap a bit smaller due to its release button. Its very uncomfortable to use it. I wonder how much gap that EA9 leaves.
Could someone who has both please let us know how it feels when holding? Do you have enough space for your fingers?



Jan 06, 2023 at 09:32 AM
lattesweden
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.14 #4 · p.14 #4 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review


phinix wrote:
I guess long term review could put more light on this one, true.

Another thing I wanted to ask - is there anyone who has that adapter, also has A7C?
I used 7artisans adapter for manual lens and found that it makes a lens - grip gap a bit smaller due to its release button. Its very uncomfortable to use it. I wonder how much gap that EA9 leaves.
Could someone who has both please let us know how it feels when holding? Do you have enough space for your fingers?


The LM-EA9 is not fantastic comfy on the A7C but it works ok.



Jan 06, 2023 at 11:35 AM
phinix
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.14 #5 · p.14 #5 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review


lattesweden wrote:
The LM-EA9 is not fantastic comfy on the A7C but it works ok.


Would you be able to show a photo of adapter mounted on a7c with some lens?



Jan 06, 2023 at 11:36 AM
lifeandmylens
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.14 #6 · p.14 #6 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review




phinix wrote:
I guess long term review could put more light on this one, true.

Another thing I wanted to ask - is there anyone who has that adapter, also has A7C?
I used 7artisans adapter for manual lens and found that it makes a lens - grip gap a bit smaller due to its release button. Its very uncomfortable to use it. I wonder how much gap that EA9 leaves.
Could someone who has both please let us know how it feels when holding? Do you have enough space for your fingers?


I donít think itís very comfortable on the A7c personally.



Jan 06, 2023 at 02:39 PM
lattesweden
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.14 #7 · p.14 #7 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review


phinix wrote:
Would you be able to show a photo of adapter mounted on a7c with some lens?


Sorry, this site don't allow image uploads for me, but I think you can get a view of how it looks in this video (you can freeze frame and screen dump to get some of your own images): https://youtu.be/qPwtEuEJRIE



Jan 06, 2023 at 03:24 PM
phinix
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.14 #8 · p.14 #8 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review


lattesweden wrote:
Sorry, this site don't allow image uploads for me, but I think you can get a view of how it looks in this video (you can freeze frame and screen dump to get some of your own images): https://youtu.be/qPwtEuEJRIE


Its a bit dark there, but looks like it doesn't stick out over the camera's orange ring. So as long as lens is not wider than that, there is still space for fingers, it that correct?



Jan 06, 2023 at 05:20 PM
lattesweden
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.14 #9 · p.14 #9 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review


phinix wrote:
Its a bit dark there, but looks like it doesn't stick out over the camera's orange ring. So as long as lens is not wider than that, there is still space for fingers, it that correct?


The LM-EA9 is a mm or two larger in diameter than the mount itself.



Jan 07, 2023 at 09:04 AM
phinix
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.14 #10 · p.14 #10 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review


lattesweden wrote:
The LM-EA9 is a mm or two larger in diameter than the mount itself.


I see, thanks for confirming.



Jan 07, 2023 at 12:18 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

lifeandmylens
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.14 #11 · p.14 #11 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review


phinix wrote:
Would you be able to show a photo of adapter mounted on a7c with some lens?



Not terrible but not as comfortable as a full size A7...but it's lighter and smaller. So trade offs.












Jan 07, 2023 at 12:25 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.14 #12 · p.14 #12 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review


lifeandmylens wrote:
Not terrible but not as comfortable as a full size A7...but it's lighter and smaller. So trade offs.


That looks like it attaches to the Sony A6000 series as well. It's a bit tight but doable.



Jan 17, 2023 at 06:32 PM
phinix
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.14 #13 · p.14 #13 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review


lifeandmylens wrote:
Not terrible but not as comfortable as a full size A7...but it's lighter and smaller. So trade offs.


It must be pretty uncomfortable to hold the camera for longer period.
Regular Voigtlander adapter is like an extension of the orange ring, does not stick out that much.



Jan 20, 2023 at 07:34 PM
phinix
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.14 #14 · p.14 #14 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review


Did anyone had issues with this adapter?
I read on other forums that many of those keep failing after months of use.



Feb 26, 2023 at 07:01 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.14 #15 · p.14 #15 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review


phinix wrote:
Did anyone had issues with this adapter?
I read on other forums that many of those keep failing after months of use.


There are some reports here:
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1768605/2#16169339

Could you post links to this being discussed elsewhere?



Feb 26, 2023 at 07:21 PM
grahamgibson
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.14 #16 · p.14 #16 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review


Used mine again the other day. No isses, had mine since November, now on FW 1.6.


Feb 27, 2023 at 12:59 PM
bcostin
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.14 #17 · p.14 #17 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review


I appreciate this thread (and the previous one on the LM-EA7). I ordered my EA9 adapter last week and received it today, a day sooner than expected.

I'll test it more extensively in the next few days, but so far it's focusing much more reliability on my A7R4 than the the EA7. I'm going to keep the older adapter with my backup A7R2 kit.



Mar 13, 2023 at 07:22 PM
lazibayer2
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.14 #18 · p.14 #18 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review


Ordered some FD->LM adapters from Amazon and URTH kinda works with LM-EA9. It's not the cheapest but cheaper and more available than Techart's own offering. It also depresses the release button a little but it still locks into place.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2dpQGL18m78nDLF4A

I heard that PEIPRO FD-M adapter might also work but couldn't find any one selling that to the US. I asked a seller on eBay who sells PEIPRO products 2 questions: 1, can it work with LM-EA9; 2, do you have any for sale. The seller replied yes and yes, and created an eBay link for me, but the price is higher than URTH and it may take weeks to arrive.



Mar 18, 2023 at 11:12 PM
qqphot
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.14 #19 · p.14 #19 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review


Can anyone confirm if the LM-EA9 is any more mechanically stable in terms of lens wobble than the earlier models?

Also interested in how well the LM-EA9 works on A7r V. I found the Fotodiox Mk II works surprisingly well on this body, with a very high "hit rate."



Mar 21, 2023 at 02:06 PM
1       2       3              13      
14
       end






FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              13      
14
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password