1       2       3              8      
       end

Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

Grenache
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.9 #1 · p.9 #1 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

^ 50/1.5 you’ll be fine

I have not used the others. Voigtlander 35/1.7 is also fine.

Jim

Sep 19, 2022 at 06:45 PM
Alan Parker
• • •
p.9 #2 · p.9 #2 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

Not directly related to this, but more of a follow-up to my question from last week.

I went out and bought a 7Artisans LM-E Close Focus Adapter after a lot of debating. It might be a solution for other people here too.
I was unable to find a Voigtlander vII adapter here and the Techart Pro LM-EA9 didn't really fit my price range.

Sep 20, 2022 at 02:33 AM
phinix

p.9 #3 · p.9 #3 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

Grenache wrote:
^ 50/1.5 you’ll be fine

Jim

If 35mm and 50mm would be fine, do you think 40mm should be too?

Sep 20, 2022 at 07:45 AM
nehemiahphoto
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #4 · p.9 #4 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

Grenache wrote:
^ 50/1.5 you’ll be fine

Jim

We think it’s fine on a stock, but many FM’ers are far pickier than us I thought the 35/1.7 was fine too, just takes more care.

Sep 20, 2022 at 09:12 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.9 #5 · p.9 #5 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

phinix wrote:

It depends on what you think fine is. All these lenses, including the CV 35/1.7 will show much higher field curvature on Sony sensors. There will be some induced astigmatism as well.
Many shooters find it usable but the thicker sensor stack also affects rendering where depending on subject distance, out of focus areas towards the corners appear sharper and distracting.

Sep 20, 2022 at 09:13 AM
grahamgibson
• • •
p.9 #6 · p.9 #6 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

phinix wrote:

There are a few discussions of the VM vs. VE versions in the CV40 thread and even some comparisons:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1512530/269#16012483

There are a few other VM/VE comparisons from a few years back and some discussion. I found one helpful comparison that Fred posted from another user's images:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1512530/41#14268212

A few comments from people using the old TAP with the CV40 and really liking the results and usability. I think I will give it a try, I'm just deciding whether to try the 50/1.2 first since I have the Sony 35GM. I really like the CV40 though.

Sep 20, 2022 at 01:08 PM
phinix

p.9 #7 · p.9 #7 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

nehemiahphoto wrote:
We think it’s fine on a stock, but many FM’ers are far pickier than us I thought the 35/1.7 was fine too, just takes more care.

---------------------------------------------

Fred Miranda wrote:
It depends on what you think fine is. All these lenses, including the CV 35/1.7 will show much higher field curvature on Sony sensors. There will be some induced astigmatism as well.
Many shooters find it usable but the thicker sensor stack also affects rendering where depending on subject distance, out of focus areas towards the corners appear sharper and distracting.

---------------------------------------------

grahamgibson wrote:
There are a few discussions of the VM vs. VE versions in the CV40 thread and even some comparisons:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1512530/269#16012483

There are a few other VM/VE comparisons from a few years back and some discussion. I found one helpful comparison that Fred posted from another user's images:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1512530/41#14268212

A few comments from people using the old TAP with the CV40 and really liking the results and usability. I think I will give it a try, I'm just deciding whether to try the 50/1.2 first since I have the Sony 35GM. I really like the CV40 though.

Yes, well, I going through 40mm 1.2 thread again (I've read all pages before I bought E mount) and I don't really see that issues everyone is mentioning/complaining about.
Maybe its because I'm not professional photographer, I do not look (or care) about corners. I dont see those curvature issues - when I look at the photos from vm40 I see nice photos, same as on my E mount.
I know that TAP will add weight and length to the whole kit, bringing it closer to E mount version, but still its smaller and adds autofocus, so for me it is a win situation.
Right now my A7II and 40mm 1.2 E is big and heavy for me. That is why I'm investing (read: flushing down the toilet) more money and selling it all to buy A7C + new TAP + VM40. Result should be a nice little setup for travelling. That is the plan just now

Sep 21, 2022 at 06:30 AM
BastianK
• • •
p.9 #8 · p.9 #8 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

Alan Parker wrote:
I went out and bought a 7Artisans LM-E Close Focus Adapter after a lot of debating. It might be a solution for other people here too.

Mine was wobbly and introduced tilt to the lens out of the box (not only extended, also retracted).
Not recommended.

Sep 21, 2022 at 09:13 AM
rji2goleez
• • • • •
p.9 #9 · p.9 #9 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

So, I ordered the new TAP adapter on August 30th. I received an order number and confirmation but nothing since. For those who have received their adapter, how long did it take from Order to shipment to receipt?

I wrote to Techart once and received no response so I just wrote them again.

Sep 21, 2022 at 09:56 AM
BastianK
• • •
p.9 #10 · p.9 #10 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

rji2goleez wrote:
So, I ordered the new TAP adapter on August 30th. I received an order number and confirmation but nothing since. For those who have received their adapter, how long did it take from Order to shipment to receipt?

I wrote to Techart once and received no response so I just wrote them again.

The first batch already sold out.
I decided to buy one, too, but currently no stock.

Sep 21, 2022 at 10:35 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Alan Parker
• • •
p.9 #11 · p.9 #11 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

BastianK wrote:
Mine was wobbly and introduced tilt to the lens out of the box (not only extended, also retracted).
Not recommended.

I can't say I've picked up on that so far, but I will keep an eye on it. I haven't noticed any wobble so far and haven't seen tilt either. It's more of an experiment so far anyway. I'm not expecting great image quality from the adapted Jupiter-12 on 61MP

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:04 AM
scrappydog
• • •
p.9 #12 · p.9 #12 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

My experience with the Hawks V5 close-focus adapter has been great.

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:20 AM
Matt Kerby
• • •
p.9 #13 · p.9 #13 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

Well, I've had this adapter for a couple days now and have tested most my lenses with it on my a7c... I was surprised my 35 FLE worked so well. I set it to 2 meters as Fred suggested and it seems to do just fine.

The lens I most wanted to use on the a7c was the 35 summilux pre-asph, I have a copy from 1992 that is a really wonderful lens. (the wife's favorite) it's tiny...Coupled with the a7c it's smaller than a Q. I don't study my pics for small differences between systems, but, after spending the afternoon on a hike and the evening at the house shooting this little kit. I have to say, so far, so good.

The AF reminds me of older generation AF, works mostly good I'm not gonna go shoot sports with it, but, depending on what mode you have it in, it does pretty well, (eye focus works awesome) and I don't see much difference in the IQ except color. (but like I said, I'm no lens tester)

Here's a couple from yesterday with the Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 v2

Sep 23, 2022 at 09:00 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.9 #14 · p.9 #14 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

Matt Kerby wrote:
Well, I've had this adapter for a couple days now and have tested most my lenses with it on my a7c... I was surprised my 35 FLE worked so well. I set it to 2 meters as Fred suggested and it seems to do just fine.

The lens I most wanted to use on the a7c was the 35 summilux pre-asph, I have a copy from 1992 that is a really wonderful lens. (the wife's favorite) it's tiny...Coupled with the a7c it's smaller than a Q. I don't study my pics for small differences between systems, but, after spending
...Show more

It's interesting that from my experience, the Leica 35/1.4 FLE works better than the 28/1.4 Lux with the EA9.

Sep 23, 2022 at 09:10 AM
Matt Kerby
• • •
p.9 #15 · p.9 #15 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

Same here, although I only popped my 28/1.4 on it for a little while as, it seemed to lag a lot more than the 35 and 50 lux's. My pre-asph and asph 50 lux's did really well with it too.
But, I have to mount each one of my lenses for a day or two like I did with the 35 pre-asph to get a better idea of how they do.
I have the LM-EA7 as well, I'm not sure how much faster the AF is on the EA9 but it's noticeably faster, for me, the size and eye AF make this a worthy upgrade so far and maybe I'll use it more. We'll see

Sep 23, 2022 at 09:48 AM
nehemiahphoto
• • • •
p.9 #16 · p.9 #16 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

Oddly, I have found the CV 35/2 Ultron and CV 28/2 are horrible, whereas the 35 Lux pre-asph, 50/1 Noct, ZM 50/1.5, 73 Sonnetar and especially 35/1.4 Apoqualia work WAY better.

Sep 23, 2022 at 10:12 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.9 #17 · p.9 #17 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

nehemiahphoto wrote:
Oddly, I have found the CV 35/2 Ultron and CV 28/2 are horrible, whereas the 35 Lux pre-asph, 50/1 Noct, ZM 50/1.5, 73 Sonnetar and especially 35/1.4 Apoqualia work WAY better.

Agree on the CV 28/2. For some reason, this one only focuses well at center.
Another vote for the 50/1 Noct. The Voigtlander 50/1.5 Heliar and Leica 50/1.4 Lux work great too.

I will test out the CV 50/1.2 today.

Sep 23, 2022 at 10:24 AM
lattesweden
• •
p.9 #18 · p.9 #18 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

Fred Miranda wrote:
Agree on the CV 28/2. For some reason, this one only focuses well at center.
Another vote for the 50/1 Noct. The Voigtlander 50/1.5 Heliar and Leica 50/1.4 Lux work great too.

Can you focus outside the mid third square grid box?
And is it correctly focuses on the outer grid boxes?

I have tested several Minolta SR(MC/MD) and M42 lenses from wide to tele and the wide ones only work in the middle, 50-ish lenses can be focused longer out from the center and tele lenses even longer out from the center, but outside of the middle grid box the focus isn't correct, it is front focused.

That is why I wonder.

Sep 23, 2022 at 11:03 AM
Matt Kerby
• • •
p.9 #19 · p.9 #19 · Techart Pro LM-EA9 Review

Fred Miranda wrote:

Interested in your findings...I tried the CV50/1.2. Seems like I needed to prefocus it more than I wanted to and was slower to lock than my 50/.95 Noctilux and 50/ASPH lux. So far, my FLE is the fastest and most accurate.

Sep 23, 2022 at 11:31 AM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password