end

advice on bag

chiron
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · advice on bag

BlueBomberTurbo wrote:
I use this:
https://www.vanguardworld.com/collections/photography-bags/products/veo-go34m-bk

Regularly carries my A7 III + MC-11 + Tamron 15-30 VC and A7R II + Samyang 85/1.4 with hood attached, both with palm grips, along with batteries, lens wipes, masks, remote release, etc. If I arrange the cameras so the grips are facing each other, there's room for a third lens in between.

I was purposely looking for the slimmest bag that could carry a combo like this, and this bag seems to be the best to fit that role. No removable padded insert to add to the bulk, top zipper opens towards you and has an additional
...Show more

This looks very interesting. It is actually quite small, about the same size as the bag I posted pictures of--14x10x5. They were sold out on the vanguard site, but Amazon had one in black and more in khaki, so I have ordered one. I am not sure it will accommodate the two cameras with lenses mounted plus the additional three lenses that I can get into the bag I rigged up. But it is definitely along the line of what I am looking for. I think it may still have too much padding for my preferences.

Aug 06, 2022 at 06:17 PM
BlueBomberTurbo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · advice on bag

chiron wrote:
This looks very interesting. It is actually quite small, about the same size as the bag I posted pictures of--14x10x5. They were sold out on the vanguard site, but Amazon had one in black and more in khaki, so I have ordered one. I am not sure it will accommodate the two cameras with lenses mounted plus the additional three lenses that I can get into the bag I rigged up. But it is definitely along the line of what I am looking for. I think it may still have too much padding for my preferences.

The padding is actually relatively thin, roughly the thickness of the usual Velcro divider. But of course, with the extra interior and exterior fabric layers, along with the padded front pocket divider, it ends up a bit thicker overall. Probably won't find much else out there with less padding, because the bag would also lose its shape and contort itself depending on what's in the bag. I've had bags like that, and if the interior Velcro wasn't available around all sides, things would slide around under the dividers.

That said, you might need to use/buy different dividers for this bag, depending on how you want to load things. The included dividers are more like half height dividers if you're using the whole bag like me. They're sized to use for when you put a tripod in the bottom of the bag, which uses a separate full length divider to create two separate storage areas. Then everything else goes in the shortened top, where those dividers reach the top of the bag.

Aug 06, 2022 at 06:29 PM
ramesesthe2nd
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · advice on bag

Highly recommend Think Tank Retrospective bags. Their big version (30) should easily fit two cameras with lenses attached.

https://www.thinktankphoto.com/collections/retrospective-series/products/retrospective-30-v2-0

Aug 06, 2022 at 09:03 PM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password