New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

L Plate issues A7IV, A7C other Sony's with that type screen

treacle
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · L Plate issues A7IV, A7C other Sony's with that type screen

Has anyone found a good L Plate that allows for full rotation of the screen on the newer Sony articulating screens like on the A7IV and A7C etc.? The ones I have tried block full rotation and I am considering filing one down to allow for better movement.
Does anyone have any ideas on this?
Thanks

Aug 05, 2022 at 01:01 PM
ifxbonz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · L Plate issues A7IV, A7C other Sony's with that type screen

Aug 05, 2022 at 01:06 PM
grahamgibson
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · L Plate issues A7IV, A7C other Sony's with that type screen

I'm curious too what others have found. Smallrig and Kirk are the only ones I've seen for the A7IV, but they both seem to at least partially block how the screen can rotate. Not sure there's a perfect solution. At this point, I'm just using flat tripod plates. The screen is one of the few things I dislike about my move to the A7IV.

Aug 05, 2022 at 01:09 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · L Plate issues A7IV, A7C other Sony's with that type screen

There are no L-brackets that don't block the selfie screen. They are not necessary, because vloggers don't use L-brackets, and vloggers are the only people worthy of owning these cameras, according to YouTube...

Aug 05, 2022 at 02:04 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

treacle
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · L Plate issues A7IV, A7C other Sony's with that type screen

I'm not trying to vlog just getting the screen to tilt up at an angle where I can look down into it and not worry about hitting it or damaging the screen.

Aug 05, 2022 at 03:57 PM
Hoodly

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · L Plate issues A7IV, A7C other Sony's with that type screen

I like the SmallRig cage. It allows full articulation of screen... does not allow for vertical arca swiss. I figure if I am going vertical I will just use the ballhead. I picked up a SmallRig half cage from here and mounted an arca swiss plate to the camera left side and that will work well if I know I am only shooting stills.
I tried the RRS one and sent it back.

Aug 05, 2022 at 03:59 PM
AZHeaven
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · L Plate issues A7IV, A7C other Sony's with that type screen

I bought the Smallrig L-Bracket for my A7IV on day one. Then only to realize the flip screen is useless. So the L part is sitting on a shelf and I'm just using the bottom plate. So dumb me, I spent extra money for an L-Bracket which checking the Smallrig website doesn't show one anymore. Just a bottom plate for quite a bit less than I spent on the whole bracket!

Aug 06, 2022 at 06:57 AM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password