New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Hasselblad HTS 1.5 = Arcbody?

maxx9photo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Hasselblad HTS 1.5 = Arcbody?

I'm pretty new with these 2 model, so are they basically the same? I'm planning to pair up my 907x with a technical camera (Cambo Actus) and recently came across with HTS 1.5 and eventually the Arcbody.

Anyone here has experience with either camera? thanks in advance!

Aug 05, 2022 at 12:29 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Hasselblad HTS 1.5 = Arcbody?

The HTS 1.5 is a tilt/shift mechanism with a teleconverter, meant to be used with HCD primes between 24mm and 100mm on their H bodies.

The Arcbody is a film-era tool that allowed people to use larger format lenses with their filmbacks. It allows for tilt/shift but has no bellows for focusing, so you have to have lenses with helicoids (at minimum, shutters too if you don't want to use the silent shutter on the 50cII). Here's a video of one in use with the original 50c.

What you get with an Actus or like rig are bellows, greater movements in every direction, and the ability to use many different lenses with many different mounts. The Arcbody's also heavier than the standard Actus DB with the normal focusing rail and bellows.

Aug 05, 2022 at 07:30 PM
maxx9photo
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Hasselblad HTS 1.5 = Arcbody?

Thanks much, thatís very insightful! Iíve tried the Actus before and mostly will ended up with one.

Aug 05, 2022 at 08:16 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Hasselblad HTS 1.5 = Arcbody?

maxx9photo wrote:
Thanks much, thatís very insightful! Iíve tried the Actus before and mostly will ended up with one.

Sure thing, and I don't think you can go wrong with an Actus for overall usability. That said, if you're only interested in shooting V-mount lenses, Hassy does have a solution that's relatively inexpensive and has a couple of really nice features, which is the Flexbody (basically the Arcbody with a V-mount on the front). While it's more limited than the Actus in movement, the Flexbody has a way of cocking the shutter and a shutter release port. And the back is set to take your CFV-50cII, so no additional adapter necessary. They're harder to come by, but you can find very complete sets for well under two grand on the bay (Roberts Camera has an excellent copy on there, but it's generally cheaper to buy directly from them, and they'll work with you on price if you reach out to them). For shooting V lenses, being able to use their shutters without having to remove them to cock the shutter is a wonderful thing that should not be underestimated.

Aug 06, 2022 at 12:40 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password