p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Parking Lot

Parking lot in Pueblo, Colorado

Thanks for looking...

Aug 04, 2022 at 03:10 PM
RobMoser
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Parking Lot

When I worked at GM in Detroit in the 80's, foreign meant "anything not GM" and it was a long walk to the Foreign Vehicle parking lot. And who knew what you'd come back to.

Aug 04, 2022 at 03:57 PM
coles2020

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Parking Lot

Looks like they succeeded while, at the same time, going out of business. Must be a lesson there.

Aug 04, 2022 at 08:08 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Parking Lot

The former "GM Plant" in Baltimore had the same sign but it was any car that the Unions were not associated with.
Great capture and BTW, the Balto plant closed about 15 years ago!
Dan

Aug 05, 2022 at 09:34 AM
Charlie San
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Parking Lot

Thank you all for your comments. I don't know if there is a GM plant in Pueblo, but it is a steel town, much like Baltimore, Dan. In fact, in my youth I worked summers at Bethlehem Steel at the Sparrows Point plant in the city to pay for schooling and help the family. The plant hired on many of us college students back then during the summer and I think the government helped/pushed them to do it. So, I look on that image with amusement but affinity too. I was grateful to them, came to love such plants and the industry, and liked the comradery of the men I worked with. My only regret is that I haven't found a way to get into the plant in Pueblo to photograph.

Aug 05, 2022 at 02:47 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Parking Lot

Charlie San wrote:
Thank you all for your comments. I don't know if there is a GM plant in Pueblo, but it is a steel town, much like Baltimore, Dan. In fact, in my youth I worked summers at Bethlehem Steel at the Sparrows Point plant in the city to pay for schooling and help the family. The plant hired on many of us college students back then during the summer and I think the government helped/pushed them to do it. So, I look on that image with amusement but affinity too. I was grateful to them, came to love such plants
...Show more
Know EXACTLY where you are talking about.

Aug 05, 2022 at 03:41 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password