New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

DXO PureRaw & DXO PhotoLab 5

chiron
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · DXO PureRaw & DXO PhotoLab 5

I believe that everything DXO PureRaw offers is included in DXO PhotoLab 5, so that there is no reason to get PureRaw if you own PhotoLab.. Is that correct?

Aug 04, 2022 at 07:23 AM
The Rat
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · DXO PureRaw & DXO PhotoLab 5

As far as I know, correct. From what I understand, PureRaw is just the Deep Prime module pulled out of PL5 as a standalone program.

Aug 04, 2022 at 07:48 AM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · DXO PureRaw & DXO PhotoLab 5

Everything PureRAW can do can be done in DxO Photolab 5. The converse is not true. You have far more control over DeepPRIME in Photolab 5 (Luminance slider, sharpening sliders).

Aug 04, 2022 at 11:15 AM
Chris Dees
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · DXO PureRaw & DXO PhotoLab 5

Besides Deep Prime you get the lens corrections as well.
PureRaw is cheaper than PL5
Iím a long time user of DxO Photolabs, because I like it much better than other RAW converters.

Aug 04, 2022 at 11:41 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

chiron
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · DXO PureRaw & DXO PhotoLab 5

The Rat wrote:
As far as I know, correct. From what I understand, PureRaw is just the Deep Prime module pulled out of PL5 as a standalone program.

---------------------------------------------

Rajan Parrikar wrote:
Everything PureRAW can do can be done in DxO Photolab 5. The converse is not true. You have far more control over DeepPRIME in Photolab 5 (Luminance slider, sharpening sliders).

Chris Dees wrote:
Besides Deep Prime you get the lens corrections as well.
PureRaw is cheaper than PL5
Iím a long time user of DxO Photolabs, because I like it much better than other RAW converters.

Thank you all. I've been using PhotoLab and its predecessor for a long time. I wanted t make sure I wasn't missing something.

Aug 04, 2022 at 08:52 PM
LBJ2
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · DXO PureRaw & DXO PhotoLab 5

chiron wrote:

Thank you all. I've been using PhotoLab and its predecessor for a long time. I wanted t make sure I wasn't missing something.

Nothing to miss and lots to gain with PL5 w/ LR plugin. In my case it was less cost to upgrade my previous PL license to the latest version than to pay full price for PureRaw 2.

I spend most of my time with adobe apps, but there are some tools in PL5 that make it worth my time to use on a regular basis, to include the excellent Deep Prime module results.

Aug 05, 2022 at 02:43 PM
chiron
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · DXO PureRaw & DXO PhotoLab 5

LBJ2 wrote:
Nothing to miss and lots to gain with PL5 w/ LR plugin. In my case it was less cost to upgrade my previous PL license to the latest version than to pay full price for PureRaw 2.

I spend most of my time with adobe apps, but there are some tools in PL5 that make it worth my time to use on a regular basis, to include the excellent Deep Prime module results.

LBJ2--

Ho do you organize your photos for when you are working with them on PL5? Are they also organized by Lightroom?

Aug 05, 2022 at 09:06 PM
LBJ2
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · DXO PureRaw & DXO PhotoLab 5

chiron wrote:
LBJ2--

Ho do you organize your photos for when you are working with them on PL5? Are they also organized by Lightroom?

I maintain my images mostly in LR catalogs ( and Adobe Cloud). I use PL5 as a plugin in LR Classic to transfer over to PL5, apply edits like noise reduction, then export back RAW/DNG with PL5 edits to LR Library/catalogs.

Aug 06, 2022 at 05:05 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password