Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1              end
  

M11 shutter behavior (request firmware update)

  
 
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · M11 shutter behavior (request firmware update)


The color tint number is embedded in the DNG file and comes from the camera. It's Leica decision.
I do see grey concrete having a magenta bias with files from the M11 regardless of the white balance chosen. I think that Leica could still tweak this and it would not affect the Adobe profiles.

Yes, it's an easy tweak for those how do not want the magenta bias in their files. Most of the images I've tried so far benefit from a -10 to about -7 tint adjustment. This brings tint closer to what one gets from the M10-R.

Below is an example of a M11 DNG file with the embedded tint humber for the M11 profile:

Color tint: 26







Aug 07, 2022 at 01:41 AM
hmzimelka
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · M11 shutter behavior (request firmware update)


Fred Miranda wrote:
The color tint number is embedded in the DNG file and comes from the camera. It's Leica decision.
I do see grey concrete having a magenta bias with files from the M11 regardless of the white balance chosen. I think that Leica could still tweak this and it would not affect the Adobe profiles.

Yes, it's an easy tweak for those how do not want the magenta bias in their files. Most of the images I've tried so far benefit from a -10 to about -7 tint adjustment. This brings tint closer to what one gets from the M10-R.

Below is an
...Show more

Is this a DNG file directly taken from the SD card or has it been imported already to LR?
The importing into LR makes quite a difference... enough for Leica to dismiss it as manipulated when it comes to diagnosing an issue... in my case the bifurcation.



Aug 07, 2022 at 02:36 AM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · M11 shutter behavior (request firmware update)


hmzimelka wrote:
Is this a DNG file directly taken from the SD card or has it been imported already to LR?
The importing into LR makes quite a difference... enough for Leica to dismiss it as manipulated when it comes to diagnosing an issue... in my case the bifurcation.


Directly from the SD card. The "Color Tint" value is not changed when imported by LR or inspected from the camera.



Aug 07, 2022 at 08:26 AM
hmzimelka
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · M11 shutter behavior (request firmware update)


Fred Miranda wrote:
Directly from the SD card. The "Color Tint" value is not changed when imported by LR or inspected from the camera.


Ah, ok thanks



Aug 07, 2022 at 11:16 AM
1              end






FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1              end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.