Archive 2022 · B&H Canadian orders

KarmaKramer
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · B&H Canadian orders

Where are these stores? Lol
And do they have any new Sony stuff in stock

molson wrote:
It's probably helpful for people to know there are places in Canada with lower prices than B&H...

Aug 21, 2022 at 12:10 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · B&H Canadian orders

KarmaKramer wrote:
Where are these stores? Lol
And do they have any new Sony stuff in stock

Pretty well every store in Canada, except for Henry's and Vistek, sells Sony gear cheaper than B&H, and most of them seem to have plenty of stock... and unlike B&H, they are actually willing to ship new Sony gear to Canadian customers.

Aug 22, 2022 at 01:22 PM
henryp
• • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · B&H Canadian orders

molson wrote:
unlike B&H, they are actually willing to ship new Sony gear to Canadian customers.

We'd be happy to do so also, but Sony USA prohibits their authorized US retailers from doing so. Nikon USA and other US distributors have similar geographic limitations.

Henry Posner
henryp @ bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video

Aug 22, 2022 at 01:35 PM
andyptak
• •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · B&H Canadian orders

Molson. I've just found exactly the opposite. Thanks Henry.

Aug 22, 2022 at 03:15 PM
Dave Sanders
• • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · B&H Canadian orders

andyptak wrote:

Really? For which products? Current exchange rates have Sony gear slightly less expensive in Canada than in the US.

Dave

Aug 22, 2022 at 03:37 PM
araudan

p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · B&H Canadian orders

Quick check of prices between Henry's and B&H for A7IV, A7RIV, 24mm GM and 24-105 G. I'd say it's a wash with some higher and some lower than each other. I often buy used and haven't found a Canadian retailer with the selection or search-ability of B&H. I just chalk that up to market size.

Aug 22, 2022 at 04:00 PM
Dave Sanders
• • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · B&H Canadian orders

araudan wrote:
Quick check of prices between Henry's and B&H for A7IV, A7RIV, 24mm GM and 24-105 G. I'd say it's a wash with some higher and some lower than each other. I often buy used and haven't found a Canadian retailer with the selection or search-ability of B&H. I just chalk that up to market size.

Yeah Sony stuff is more or less a wash at the moment, though for a BC resident ordering from another province usually means just GST, whereas coming from the US it's GST and PST. I like to keep the locals in business, so I go to them for cameras and such, but I have always bought more specialized, harder to find gear from B&H. Can't beat the selection.

I buy most of my lenses used, but I find Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace are the best as I can meet and test.

Aug 22, 2022 at 04:07 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · B&H Canadian orders

The biggest advantage to buying locally is the possibility of returning an item without losing 20% or more since B&H doesn't refund the taxes, duties, shipping, or currency exchange charges.

Aug 22, 2022 at 07:44 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · B&H Canadian orders

andyptak wrote:

For me living in BC, B&H prices for Sony gear run about 10% or so higher than buying in Canada - except B&H often doesn't ship Sony gear to Canada, so even if they were cheaper, it would be a moot point.

Here's a product B&H is willing to ship - the Sony A7R IVa:

B&H C$5267 delivered
Camera Canada C$4723 delivered - plus it includes a free Sony SD card and battery (worth C$283)

It's not really even close.

Aug 22, 2022 at 07:58 PM
ruthenium
• • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · B&H Canadian orders

molson wrote:
The biggest advantage to buying locally is the possibility of returning an item without losing 20% or more since B&H doesn't refund the taxes, duties, shipping, or currency exchange charges.

I also like buying lenses and cameras locally, from Henry's in Kitchener, or going to Vistek in Toronto or Mississauga.
B&H is good for accessories which may not be available from the Canadian stores, e.g. some filters.
Ebay is another place for shopping, however it does not give me the same confidence. I have just ordered a Hoya HD Nano Mk II CIR-PL Filter 82mm on Ebay, for CAD 197, and I hope it isn't a fake. The top-of-the line Hoya filter from B&H is HD3 Circular Polarizer Filter, and the 82mm one costs ca. CAD 275 before taxes. The price difference makes me worried.

Aug 22, 2022 at 10:38 PM
Gary Irwin
• • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · B&H Canadian orders

molson wrote:

Exactly. When I buy from B&H I need to be darned sure I won't be returning it. If uncertain, I typically buy from Amazon since the local stores never have what I want and will not accept returns for anything ordered in.

Aug 23, 2022 at 09:30 AM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.