4       5       end

Archive 2022 · X-H2, X-H2S & X-T5 Image Thread

amci4
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · X-H2, X-H2S & X-T5 Image Thread

Frank Scallo wrote:
A few from this morning. All 33mm 1.4:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52280761543_eadcc4191d_h.jpgPlay Time by Frank Scallo Jr, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52281011664_3fff650a65_h.jpgPlay Time 5 by Frank Scallo Jr, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52281011619_03778ca5ec_h.jpgPlay Time 6 by Frank Scallo Jr, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52281011564_40588fd761_h.jpgPlay Time 7 by Frank Scallo Jr, on Flickr

I might not be right about this, but I think I like these better than the one you took with the Sony 35mm.

Aug 15, 2022 at 07:45 AM
GradyBaby
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · X-H2, X-H2S & X-T5 Image Thread

Great photos with the XH-2S and a Nikon 300 F4. May I ask what adapter you used?

Aug 16, 2022 at 07:32 PM
agvogel
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · X-H2, X-H2S & X-T5 Image Thread

amci4 wrote:
A few from the local park today. I'm finding that the birds near me are pretty lazy. 😂😄

Do you know what's going on with that last image? Weird wormy lines between contrasting colors/tones?

Aug 16, 2022 at 08:07 PM
amci4
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · X-H2, X-H2S & X-T5 Image Thread

agvogel wrote:
Do you know what's going on with that last image? Weird wormy lines between contrasting colors/tones?

Not really sure, just saw them. That was one where I had the camera on a custom setting and it only captured the jpeg, so maybe it came apart during post.

Aug 16, 2022 at 08:12 PM
amci4
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · X-H2, X-H2S & X-T5 Image Thread

GradyBaby wrote:
Great photos with the XH-2S and a Nikon 300 F4. May I ask what adapter you used?

The Fringer FR-FTX1.

Aug 16, 2022 at 08:13 PM
agvogel
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · X-H2, X-H2S & X-T5 Image Thread

amci4 wrote:
Not really sure, just saw them. That was one where I had the camera on a custom setting and it only captured the jpeg, so maybe it came apart during post.

Interesting. Must be some weird compression artifacts.

Aug 16, 2022 at 09:08 PM
amci4
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · X-H2, X-H2S & X-T5 Image Thread

agvogel wrote:
Interesting. Must be some weird compression artifacts.

Yeah, or luminar’s plug-in is breaking it.

Aug 16, 2022 at 09:44 PM
Sagar
• • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · X-H2, X-H2S & X-T5 Image Thread

Got XH2S with 18-55. Testing it as option to replace OM-1 due to temptation and easy availability of fuji 150-600.

Aug 20, 2022 at 12:44 PM
darthalal
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · X-H2, X-H2S & X-T5 Image Thread

amci4 wrote:
The Fringer FR-FTX1.

How is the AF performance with that combo? I’ve always loved what you get from the 300mm PF packaging for size and weight - I tried this combo very briefly with an X-T3, but was underwhelmed and sold it all. I think the Fringer has seen updates and of course the X-H2S will be more capable so I’m wondering how they perform now?

Aug 20, 2022 at 10:05 PM
amci4
• • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · X-H2, X-H2S & X-T5 Image Thread

darthalal wrote:
How is the AF performance with that combo? I’ve always loved what you get from the 300mm PF packaging for size and weight - I tried this combo very briefly with an X-T3, but was underwhelmed and sold it all. I think the Fringer has seen updates and of course the X-H2S will be more capable so I’m wondering how they perform now?

I have never used it on a Nikon body, but it is hard to imagine it would be much faster. The Fringer does very well at translating the instructions and getting the two brands to work well together.

Aug 20, 2022 at 10:49 PM
amci4
• • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · X-H2, X-H2S & X-T5 Image Thread

Sagar wrote:
Got XH2S with 18-55. Testing it as option to replace OM-1 due to temptation and easy availability of fuji 150-600.

Personally, that’s not the lens I would test with. I would try the 16-55 as that’s a much better option for seeing what the camera can do.

Aug 20, 2022 at 10:57 PM
Sagar
• • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · X-H2, X-H2S & X-T5 Image Thread

Actually I ended up ordering 150-600 as well expecting delivery sometime next week. If it works 18-55 and 150-600 will all I need for some time

amci4 wrote:
Personally, that’s not the lens I would test with. I would try the 16-55 as that’s a much better option for seeing what the camera can do.

Aug 20, 2022 at 11:03 PM
amci4
• • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · X-H2, X-H2S & X-T5 Image Thread

I recently picked up a 16-55 and I’m heading out today with it, so I’ll share some shots later today if I get back in time.

Sagar wrote:
Actually I ended up ordering 150-600 as well expecting delivery sometime next week. If it works 18-55 and 150-600 will all I need for some time

Aug 21, 2022 at 05:56 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · X-H2, X-H2S & X-T5 Image Thread

Double Skimmers Skimming at sunset

Edited on Aug 21, 2022 at 04:44 PM · View previous versions

Aug 21, 2022 at 04:37 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · X-H2, X-H2S & X-T5 Image Thread

I went to Nickerson beach on Long Island, NY with the goal of taking photos in the lovely evening light and to push my Fuji X-H2s to it's limits so I know what I can do with it. At the very end of the day I watched photographer after photographer pack up and leave and I kept craning up the ISO. Eventually I reached ISO 12800 and while I was starting to have trouble seeing my subjects, when I looked through the viewfinder I had a nice bright view and easily tracked this Black Skimmer fishing.

I removed noise with Denoise AI and then sharpened a bit with USM which brought back some of the noise and also some lost detail. The amazing thing is the X-H2s was having no problem at all tracking birds in flight or skimming in this very low light.

There was also an American Oystercatcher with the last glow of the sunset behind it.

The top of the image is processed the same as the first yet the bottom has noise removal with Neat Image.

Conclusion: The limit was what I could see, not what the camera could do!

Morris

1) Black Skimmer Skimming in low light

2) American Oystercatcher

Aug 21, 2022 at 04:41 PM
amci4
• • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · X-H2, X-H2S & X-T5 Image Thread

Nice Morris! One of these days I’ll find some of these birds near me. 😊😁

Aug 21, 2022 at 04:47 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · X-H2, X-H2S & X-T5 Image Thread

Ruby-Throated Hummingbird Spinning Around

I went to the Marine Nature Study Area in Oceanside NY to photograph the hummingbirds as they have returned. I sat in the most popular spot in the park to photograph them and waiting an hour and a quarter and did not see a single one. Frustrated, I went to the other area where they are seen along with monarch butterflies. Not a single humming bird or monarch! The morning was now getting late yet I decided to walk around the preserve and that was the correct thing to do as I had a wonderful shoot. At the end of my shoot I stopped at the humming bird spot again and it was full of photographers, many of them my friends. As I arrived I spotted a humming bird in a tree over me. I asked if the had seen others and they stated that one was coming in every 15 minutes or so. All the chairs were taken so I set up my tripod next to the chairs and waited while we all chatted about our new cameras. Soon a humming bird arrived, fluttered over the flowers and then went to the feeder. Rather than the usual sound of mirror clack there was the soft sounds of mirrorless cameras going off. Seconds later everyone was looking at there photos. Then we waited another 15 minutes till the next feeding. On the 4th pass I had a good idea what the hummingbird would do and captured the moment it turned from the feeder to fly off. Even at 40 FPS it is reversed in one frame. These two are the first frame and second frame after reversing. Both are huge crops at ISO 1600 so a lot of noise which was easy to remove from the background. I also did some background cleaning.

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Morris

Aug 21, 2022 at 04:52 PM
amci4
• • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · X-H2, X-H2S & X-T5 Image Thread

16-55 from today.

Aug 21, 2022 at 09:21 PM
amci4
• • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · X-H2, X-H2S & X-T5 Image Thread

morris wrote:
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird Spinning Around

I went to the Marine Nature Study Area in Oceanside NY to photograph the hummingbirds as they have returned. I sat in the most popular spot in the park to photograph them and waiting an hour and a quarter and did not see a single one. Frustrated, I went to the other area where they are seen along with monarch butterflies. Not a single humming bird or monarch! The morning was now getting late yet I decided to walk around the preserve and that was the correct thing to do as I had a wonderful shoot. At
...Show more

Damn Morris, very nice! I have never seen a hummingbird in real life and would love to know where to see some in Florida.

Aug 21, 2022 at 09:24 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · X-H2, X-H2S & X-T5 Image Thread

amci4 wrote:
Damn Morris, very nice! I have never seen a hummingbird in real life and would love to know where to see some in Florida.

Thank you,

I don't know where they are in Florida

Morris

Aug 21, 2022 at 09:42 PM
1       2      
       4       5       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       5       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.