Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Withdrawn: Reduced Leica R 70-210mm Vario Jesse Owens lens

naturephoto1
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Withdrawn: Reduced Leica R 70-210mm Vario Jesse Owens lens

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Leica R 70-210mm Vario Jesse Owens lens

Withdrawn

Price: $350.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9+ Shows little or no signs of wear
Shipping instructions: USPS Priority Mail CONUS

For sale mint condition Leica R 70-210mm f4 Vario-Elmar Jesse Owens Anniversary Edition 3 Cam lens. Included with the lens are the box, Leica leather case, Leica/Leitz front and rear caps, B+W 60mm UV filter, and Nikon 62mm HN-23 lens hood. I had Leica Camera USA remove the original retractable hood because the one touch (push/pull zoom design) would break graduated ND filters and prevent the usage of any filter system including Cokin P and the Lee 100mm. The benefit of the removal of the hood is that this will allow the using of any filter system. Unfortunately since moving I have been unable to locate the original hood. To use the Nikon hood, or any 62mm filters you will need to purchase a 60mm to 62mm step up ring.

I am rating the lens as a 9+ and the body of the lens is in outstanding condition and the optics are pristine with no damage to the coatings, no cleaning marks, clear optics, no haze, no element separation, no scratches, etc. There are some minor marks on the chromed lens mount.

There is a minor amount of dust in the lens that should not have any affect on the lens performance. The lens comes with the standard Leica/Leitz lens cap, not the Commemorative cap. The included B+W UV filter has been in place since I purchased the lens.

The lens has been kept in a heated, air conditioned, smoke free, and pet free home.

The lens was designed and made by Minolta to Leica Standards. As my friend Jim Lager, the author of I believe 8 books on Leica cameras, lenses, and equipment told me the Leica equivalent lenses were made to an accuracy and tolerances of 1/10 of a stop while those made for Minolta cameras were made to an accuracy and tolerances of 1/3 of a stop. This contributed heavily to the disparity in cost of the lenses and as Jim told me that when he worked for Leica, they would have pallets of these lenses delivered to Leica USA that were rejected.

I did not purchase the lens new, but I believe that I purchased the lens from Jim Lager when he was a salesman at Ken Hansen Photographic in NYC in about 1989.

See the descrition in:

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/70mm%E2%80%93210mm_f/4_Vario-Elmar-R

I have lowered my original asking price of $550 plus Paypal fees to $350 Shipped CONUS with no Paypal Fees. Price is firm and this is a savings of $200 from the original asking price plus the Paypal Fees shipped to the CONUS. This is substantially lower than usual selling price of a Jesse Owens Commemorative lens in this condition.

Shipment unless otherwise arranged will be USPS Priority Mail.

Rich

© naturephoto1 2022

Leica R 70-210mm f4 Vario-Elmar Kit including lens, front and rear caps, Leica case, box, B+W 60mm UV Filter, Nikon Hood

© naturephoto1 2022

B+W 60mm UV Filter with Nikon HN-23 Hood

© naturephoto1 2022

Leica R 70-210mm f4 Vario-Elmar Front View

© naturephoto1 2022

Leica R 70-210mm f4 Vario-Elmar Left Side

© naturephoto1 2022

Leica R 70-210mm f4 Vario-Elmar Underside 1

© naturephoto1 2022

Leica R 70-210mm f4 Vario-Elmar Underside 2, Close-up of Jesse Owens Signature

© naturephoto1 2022

Leica R 70-210mm f4 Vario-Elmar Right Side

© naturephoto1 2022

Leica R 70-210mm f4 Vario-Elmar Front Element

© naturephoto1 2022

Leica R 70-210mm f4 Vario-Elmar Rear Element

Edited on Sep 29, 2022 at 08:51 PM · View previous versions

Jul 31, 2022 at 08:30 AM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Withdrawn: Reduced Leica R 70-210mm Vario Jesse Owens lens

Below are images taken with the Leica R 70-210mm f4 Vario Elmar lens and my Leica R cameras on transparency film.

Rich

"Grand Teton Sunrise"- Tripod mounted Leica R4SP and Leica 70-210mm, Fujichrome Velvia 50

"Pinnacle Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone"- Hand held, elbow supported on knee Leica R4SP and Leica 70-210 set near 200mm, Fujichrome Velvia 50

© naturephoto1 2022

"Wapiti (Elk), Yellowstone National Park, 1991"- Hand held, Leica R4SP and 70-210mm, cropped, Kodachrome 64

"Keyhole"- Tripod mounted Leica R4SP and 70-210, Fujichrome Velvia 50

"The Acropolis"- Tripod mounted Leica R4SP and 70-210, Fujichrome Velvia 50

"Minarets"- Tripod mounted Leica R4SP and 70-210, Fujichrome Velvia 50

"Acadian Sunrise"- Tripod mounted Leica R7 and 70-210, Fujichrome Velvia 50; no filter used

"Dawn at Egg Rock"- Tripod mounted Leica R7 and 70-210, Fujichrome Velvia 50; no filter used

"Peaceful Dawn"- Tripod mounted Leica R7 and 70-210, Fujichrome Velvia 50, no filter used

"Flamingo Sunrise"- Tripod mounted Leica R7 and 70-210, Fujchrome Velvia 50, cropped, no filter used

"Morning Run"- Tripod mounted Leica R7 and 70-210, Fujichrome Velvia 50

Jul 31, 2022 at 08:47 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.