New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Canon R5 Trouble Loading settings from Card

BobnJake
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon R5 Trouble Loading settings from Card

I just got my R5 back from Canon, I don't think they changed any settings, but I always back up to a card. When I try loading the settings from the card, (I select a shooting mode other then C1, C2, or C3 first), it seems like its trying to load from the card, BUT, it just takes me to a blank screen and when I get back to the load from card menu, it tells me to select a mode other the C1, C2, or C3, which I wasn't in before I started the process. What am I missing?
Thanks, Bob

Jul 18, 2022 at 03:39 PM
StephenE
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon R5 Trouble Loading settings from Card

I always save/restore my setting from M mode. I have even restored settings from previous fw versions (1.5 and 1.51 restored to fw 1.52).

Jul 18, 2022 at 03:48 PM
BobnJake
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon R5 Trouble Loading settings from Card

when I save the file, it said it was saved properly, like I said the "error" message I get just says load from something other than c1. c2. or c3, when I select something other, it tries to load , and I never get the message saying loaded, just a blank screen, but when I go back to the load from card menu, that's when I see the error message
Thanks

Jul 18, 2022 at 03:59 PM
StephenE
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon R5 Trouble Loading settings from Card

BobnJake wrote:
when I save the file, it said it was saved properly, like I said the "error" message I get just says load from something other than c1. c2. or c3, when I select something other, it tries to load , and I never get the message saying loaded, just a blank screen, but when I go back to the load from card menu, that's when I see the error message
Thanks

Might try resetting the camera settings to default, then try loading them again.

Jul 18, 2022 at 04:06 PM
BobnJake
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon R5 Trouble Loading settings from Card

I’m a little leary doing that, in that it will erase everything then I’m relying on that I have a good backup, thanks for your help

Jul 18, 2022 at 04:25 PM
BobnJake
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon R5 Trouble Loading settings from Card

I went back in and saved a 2nd B/U file, in the M mode, like you suggested, it saved, OK and I was able to load that B/U file in, so maybe I did something wrong on my initial save, thanks again, for your help

Jul 18, 2022 at 04:35 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.