New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Mother and son

Karmal
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mother and son

I wanted to share this photo for the carefree and happiness it causes me ... this is the happiness that we would always like to see between mother and children ... .. thank you for any criticisms and comments

Mother and son

Jul 09, 2022 at 06:14 AM
beavens
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mother and son

A lovely moment between a mother and child! I love her expression.

I'm curious as to why you chose to include so much of the beach when all the interest is with the people.

IMO I'd crop this way tighter and make this more about the human connection vs. where they are. If you're going to include more beach I'd suggest cleaning up some of the dirty bits (seaweed?).

I'd also like to see some more brought out from the shadows, especially around the woman's face. Since it's a bright, sunny beach capture it would also be nice to see more pop in play.

My $0.02 below.

Jeff

Jul 09, 2022 at 07:21 AM
Karmal
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mother and son

Thank you for your advice you have been very helpful a greeting Stefano

Jul 09, 2022 at 07:34 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Mother and son

Superb capture of a moment in time.

I think the OP provides a scale between the size of the child, the mother and the expanse of the world in an increasing manner of exponential relationship. The fact that the smallest (child) is gazing into the largest (world), and the mother is racing him in the opposite direction from the dangers he gazes upon ... keeping him close to her speaks to the heart of a mother to protect the love of her life.

The fun, frolic in the surf keeps the mood very light and the unmistakable joy on the mothers face is iconic. The technical attention to detail with the framing and her shadow parallel to the frame, couple well with the asymetrical mass of the sea and the sand, and the direction of her travel.

Much to like ... much to like ... much to like. Did I mention that there's much to like.

Welcome to the PC Forum, this is a keeper for the ages. 100 or 1,000 years from now, this one will tell the story of mother, child and the world.

Imo, this is an iconic image.

Would be curious to see it in monochrome, also.

Biggest nit ... not a fan of the three layer framing.

Jul 09, 2022 at 08:55 AM
Shasoc
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Mother and son

Sweet and joyful image. I like it as it is giving contest and scale to the image. Not much to say. My only suggestion would be to lighten the mama's face a bit. Great catch!

Socrate

Jul 09, 2022 at 09:11 AM
Karmal
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Mother and son

RustyBug wrote:
Superb capture of a moment in time.

I think the OP provides a scale between the size of the child, the mother and the expanse of the world in an increasing manner of exponential relationship. The fact that the smallest (child) is gazing into the largest (world), and the mother is racing him in the opposite direction from the dangers he gazes upon ... keeping him close to her speaks to the heart of a mother to protect the love of her life.

The fun, frolic in the surf keeps the mood very light and the unmistakable joy on the mothers
...Show more

Thank you it was just what I wanted to express with this photo and you described my thoughts exactly ... then yes there would certainly be a bit of lightening the face by opening a bit of light on it but the light was strong and the color of the skin a sincere greeting Stefano helped little in the exhibition

Jul 09, 2022 at 09:43 AM
Karmal
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Mother and son

Shasoc wrote:
Sweet and joyful image. I like it as it is giving contest and scale to the image. Not much to say. My only suggestion would be to lighten the mama's face a bit. Great catch!

Socrate

Yes, I agree with the problem of the face thank you for watching greetings Stefano

Jul 09, 2022 at 09:45 AM
grandmas
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Mother and son

This is a nice moment, but I would have also liked to see the child’s face.

I call these kinds of photos “in-between photos”, because they are not about one subject. To make this truly about the lady and child you need to crop away most of the beach. To make it about the beach with the lady and child as focal points the lady and child need to be much smaller. The image would then send a clear message.

Edited on Dec 06, 2022 at 01:41 AM · View previous versions

Jul 09, 2022 at 01:08 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Mother and son

a beautiful and joyous capture!
formatting is a bit wide but I like it.
I think a hair more at the bottom would make her foot feel more fully planted and move the shadow up a bit. It appears cramped.

Monochrome would probably work but I would expect some of the joy might be dampened down (if that is possible)

Superb!!
Scott

Jul 09, 2022 at 06:55 PM
Karmal
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Mother and son

I I thought I followed the gaze where he looks at the face that is in the space on the left leaving ample space of freedom and air then and everything related to the interpretation of each of us and all criticisms are welcome ... I cannot clean algae because I want see what I saw in that context that is in Zanzibar

Jul 09, 2022 at 07:12 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.