New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · 1DX MK 2

IA40D

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 1DX MK 2

I found a like new 1dxmk2 which would be a pretty big upgrade to my current line up 7d , 5dmk2, but am struggling to figure out what a fair price is. Seems with the r7 release and phasing out of dslr prices have been falling pretty quick. I have miss the 1d series since i got rid of my 1dmk2n years back, always loved the feel of the photos it produced. So what says all of you on value of a like new sub 10k on shutter 1dXmk2? Thabks for any input

Jul 08, 2022 at 05:24 PM
artsupreme
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1DX MK 2

IA40D wrote:
I found a like new 1dxmk2 which would be a pretty big upgrade to my current line up 7d , 5dmk2, but am struggling to figure out what a fair price is. Seems with the r7 release and phasing out of dslr prices have been falling pretty quick. I have miss the 1d series since i got rid of my 1dmk2n years back, always loved the feel of the photos it produced. So what says all of you on value of a like new sub 10k on shutter 1dXmk2? Thabks for any input

2K'ish for a like new one. I sold one with more clicks for $2100 several months ago

Jul 08, 2022 at 06:05 PM
jedibrain
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 1DX MK 2

$2000-2500 seems to be the going price. The R6 out performs it in some ways, but the 1 series features are of course still there. A lot of folks considering the R6 weigh it against a 1DxII as they are priced similarly.

-Brian

Jul 08, 2022 at 06:10 PM
IA40D

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 1DX MK 2

Debating if the r6 would be a better choice but can't help but think the dx2 woudl put out every bit as good or better pictures, i always like wprking with files from my other 1d bodies i had in the past

Jul 08, 2022 at 09:07 PM
jedibrain
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 1DX MK 2

IA40D wrote:
Debating if the r6 would be a better choice but can't help but think the dx2 woudl put out every bit as good or better pictures, i always like wprking with files from my other 1d bodies i had in the past

Its really a tough call in some ways. The R6 AF system will be better (and have eye tracking), though its not like the 1DXII is going to be a slouch. With the R6 you get the 1DXIII sensor, which has very (extremely) good high ISO performance. Probably a lot better than the 1DXII given the age difference. They are both similar in resolution, with the R6/1DXIII sensor being much newer.

But, you won't get the battery life, integrated grip, etc.

I've never had a 1 series body, and in the end decided on the newer tech instead of the 1 series body and feature set. Either way you're going to end up with a very functional camera. May come down to how much you'd benefit from pushing the ISO (R6 favored) vs. whether you are out in harsh conditions a lot (1DXII favored). Also the 1DXII is depreciated enough at this point you probably won't lose much if you resell in the near-ish future.

-Brian

Jul 08, 2022 at 09:38 PM
AmbientMike
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 1DX MK 2

Here's the dpr tool 5D2, 7D, 1Dx2, and 1Dx3 at 3200 shooting raw. Of course you can up the iso and also put the R6 in there to compare. Be sure to leave it on raw though. Jpeg really tends to get rid of noise. Edit: the link got there but I had to pick a camera, iso etc. Not so bad. Also you can download the files if you like

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/image-comparison?attr18=daylight&attr13_0=canon_eos7d&attr13_1=canon_eos1dxii&attr13_2=canon_eos1dxiii&attr13_3=canon_eos5dmkii&attr15_0=raw&attr15_1=raw&attr15_2=raw&attr15_3=raw&attr16_0=3200&attr16_1=3200&attr16_2=3200&attr16_3=3200&normalization=full&widget=1&x=-0.32802399856568404&y=0.47420651741320663

Jul 08, 2022 at 10:40 PM
Llewtwo
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 1DX MK 2

The 1DX II will produce a nicer image that will be free of any rolling shutter. The R6 is a very nice body. I have one but it does not produce as nice an image as the 1DX series and the R6 will produce rolling shutter in some settings. The R6 seems to have an advantage with its eye focus and the speed of focus acquisition but keep in mind that the !DX series was designed for working professionals in sports and journalism and so its autofocus system is no slouch. I would pick the R5 over the 1DX II but the R6 and the 1DX II would be a kind of toss up. I shoot sports and so the rolling shutter can be an issue. Too, the IDX II has a battery grip built in and with the R6 it's another $350 plus batteries. The R6 is about another $1000 unless you can find one used.

Jul 09, 2022 at 03:44 PM
Sage11
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 1DX MK 2

I had a 1DXM2 and don't miss it because of its weight and it's tendency to keep a dirty sensor. Of all of my cameras, it's the only one whose sensor seemed to stay dirty.

Jul 09, 2022 at 06:45 PM
Bob49
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 1DX MK 2

In my experience, the 1DXII has two strengths over the R5 (and thus, I assume, the R6): (1) almost instant on, so it doesn't have to wake up. I have to keep reminding the R5 to stay awake if action is expected; and (2) ability to focus quickly on low contrast, softer targets. The R5 can refuse to focus for a while. But when it finally decides to focus, the R5 AF is much more accurate than the 1DXII.

My R3 made my 1DXII surplus, but otherwise I would still be using it (with my R5).

There are disadvantages: weight, size, noise, and so on, as you know. But in hand the 1DXII feels bulletproof, and there is a certain silly thrill to shooting sports at 14fps.

Jul 10, 2022 at 10:21 AM
AmbientMike
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 1DX MK 2

A couple 1Dx2's on B&S with something like 80-106k for $2k.

KEH is $2k bgn, $2500-3k EX to LN-. Adorama had EX- at $2200 I believe.

Jul 10, 2022 at 11:41 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 1DX MK 2

IA40D wrote:

I have a 1Dx and I LOVE the robustness of the body and the raw file it produces. A Dx1 or 2?..Only up from there!
Dan

PS I still have a 1DsMKII. I sold my 1st and regretted it the moment I sold it!

Edited on Jul 12, 2022 at 11:33 AM · View previous versions

Jul 10, 2022 at 12:18 PM
Bernie_King
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 1DX MK 2

I had both the 1DX and 1DX II. Both fantastic cameras, and the 1DX II was a good upgrade. With that said, when the R5 and R6 came out, I ordered both. Because of the supply chain issues, I got the R6 first and waited for months for the R5, so I kept the 1DX II as a second camera next to the R6. During that time, I think I only used the 1DX II in favor of the R6 once or twice and that was because it was raining pretty good and I didn't trust the weather sealing. I've since replaced the R6 with an R3 (still have the R5 until the R1 comes out). If you really love an OVF, you can't go wrong with the 1DX II but mirrorless is taking over for a reason. My keeper rate has increased significantly. As far as the rolling shutter arguments go, I've never had a problem. I suppose that depends on what you shoot. The R6/R5 both shoot 12fps mechanical (no rolling shutter) as opposed to the 14fps with the 1DX II, so not that big a difference. The R6/R5 also give you the option of 20fps electronic and you will have some rolling shutter depending on what you're shooting. You just have to look at what you're shooting to determine if it will be a problem, but it's nice to have the option.

Jul 11, 2022 at 07:14 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.