Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

My Cat is a Dragon-Slayer

e6filmuser
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · My Cat is a Dragon-Slayer

But I intervened.

My cat is 14 years old and, most days, she spends some time out in the garden but I had never seen her catch anything, not even a butterfly. She seems content to watch them.

I had just walked out of the house when I saw something moving between her front paw. I immediately recognised what it was and took it from her.

It was a female Emperor dragonfly. It must have been dazed because I was able to move it to, first one, then another, bush, out of the wind. The dented eye may not have been caused by its rough treatment, as I have seen this deformity in other dragons.

It was perched on the second bush for quite a long time but, later, it had gone.

Olympus EM-1, (aperture priority), Olympus 4/3 50mm f2 macro, 1/500 at f11 ISO 800, hand-held.

The stereo is crosseye.

Harold

Jul 07, 2022 at 05:50 AM
sorpa
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · My Cat is a Dragon-Slayer

Great series!
Excellent stereo!

Jul 10, 2022 at 08:44 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · My Cat is a Dragon-Slayer

sorpa wrote:
Great series!
Excellent stereo!

Thanks. If you enjoy stereos, most of my posts, going back many years, include at least one.

Harold

Jul 10, 2022 at 09:55 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · My Cat is a Dragon-Slayer

Beautiful shots. Glad you were able to come to its rescue. Not so sure how happy your cat was 😀

Jul 10, 2022 at 11:35 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · My Cat is a Dragon-Slayer

birdied wrote:
Beautiful shots. Glad you were able to come to its rescue. Not so sure how happy your cat was 😀

Thanks, Birdie.

I think she was probably a bit bewildered by the experience. I suspect she more or less stumbled upon it. It hasn't affected our very close relationship. (She came to me when her eyes were still closed).

Harold

Jul 10, 2022 at 12:08 PM

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password