Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

as Gearbox is gone I want to share a script to transform RaspberryPi int...

richonguzman

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · as Gearbox is gone I want to share a script to transform RaspberryPi into backup machine

Hi,

first I want to know if this is the right place to share this topic:

As Gearbox is gone I wrote a script to transform RaspberryPi into backup machine (SD into SSD) and I want to share it here

Jul 06, 2022 at 12:18 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · as Gearbox is gone I want to share a script to transform RaspberryPi into backup machine

good day

you would be in the correct place.

just be advised that linking to here and if it turns out to be an advertisement to sell it will be removed. just being up front as to how things are done to keep the site reasonable a good place to be.

Edited on Jul 06, 2022 at 01:14 PM · View previous versions

Jul 06, 2022 at 01:10 PM
richonguzman

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · as Gearbox is gone I want to share a script to transform RaspberryPi into backup machine

as many photographers do, I wanted to travel without a notebook iPad or any big box and also keep backups of my files so I thought of buying a gnarbox, but found the were almost out of business

so I wrote a script to transform a raspberry into a backup machine, you plug an SD (with it's adapter) and an SSD into the raspberry and control everything about the backup from an iPhone (connected by a wifi)

it you want to try it go to this link:

https://github.com/richonguzman/PiBackup

and please let me know how it goes for you

Jul 06, 2022 at 01:14 PM
mike650

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · as Gearbox is gone I want to share a script to transform RaspberryPi into backup machine

Could you provide some example transfer/copy data rates for say 1GB worth of files/folders between SD card to SSD?

I currently use an Android phone with USB3 hub which gets me about 36 MB/s. The Android UI makes navigating and selecting a folder easy but a selecting a range of files is difficult. I often have to tediously select one file at a time then copy and paste the selected files. How does your interface work with selecting and copying just a range of files?
I haven't tried a Raspberry Pi kit before.

Jul 07, 2022 at 07:56 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password