New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Independence Day - Los Angeles

agvogel
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Independence Day - Los Angeles

LA is absolutely bonkers on the 4th, here is downtown and the surrounding area at three different focal lengths.

NIKON Z 7_2    NIKKOR Z 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 VR S lens    135mm    f/13.0    120s    64 ISO    0.0 EV  

NIKON Z 7_2    NIKKOR Z 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 VR S lens    100mm    f/18.0    240s    64 ISO    0.0 EV  

NIKON Z 7    NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S lens    70mm    f/11.0    25s    250 ISO    0.0 EV  

Edited on Jul 05, 2022 at 10:56 AM · View previous versions

Jul 05, 2022 at 12:34 AM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Independence Day - Los Angeles

Were you at Kenny Hahn? It's been a freaking war zone for the last several hours. It was even worse before our dog died. We're in Culver City as well.

Jul 05, 2022 at 03:02 AM
agvogel
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Independence Day - Los Angeles

Peter Figen wrote:
Were you at Kenny Hahn? It's been a freaking war zone for the last several hours. It was even worse before our dog died. We're in Culver City as well.

Yeah, right at the MLK memorial. My dog hates it too - fiancee was home with him.

Jul 05, 2022 at 09:11 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Independence Day - Los Angeles

Great series here!
I love fireworks also!
Nicely done!
Dan

Jul 05, 2022 at 10:03 AM
agvogel
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Independence Day - Los Angeles

Danpbphoto wrote:
Great series here!
I love fireworks also!
Nicely done!
Dan

Thank you, Dan!

Jul 06, 2022 at 05:21 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

vbnut
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Independence Day - Los Angeles

That is wild (nice shots BTW). Given how many there are, I assume these are mostly amateurs. Are any of them professional fireworks shows?

Jul 06, 2022 at 08:00 PM
agvogel
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Independence Day - Los Angeles

vbnut wrote:
That is wild (nice shots BTW). Given how many there are, I assume these are mostly amateurs. Are any of them professional fireworks shows?

There was one "real" show, visible in the first pic, behind the squareish building on the left side of the main cluster (Grand Park)

Jul 06, 2022 at 08:01 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Independence Day - Los Angeles

Personally, the older I get, the more I hate fireworks, and for a variety of reasons. I know there's no way that they're ever going away, but the damage they do to a large majority of domestic dogs and cats is inexcusable let alone humans with any sort of PTSD. FFS, a few years ago the city of Oxnard held their fireworks display directly across the street from their animal shelter. The second is a month or more of noise pollution in an already too noisy urban environment culminating in about eight hours of constant war zone raging battle fatigue until about three in the morning on the fifth. And then there's the smoke pollution and litter from what has to be hundreds of thousands of "rounds" of fireworks being set off.

Jul 07, 2022 at 03:56 AM
Craig Gillette
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Independence Day - Los Angeles

vbnut wrote:

Not just amateur, illegal. California is "Safe and Sane" and only in a few cities. Anything that goes up in the air or explodes is illegal except at licensed shows. Aside from I thought was gunfire before it got dark while I was out on a fast food run, really didn't have too much near us. Nothing that disturbed the dogs. Other family members reported hours long constant barrage of booms, flashes and bangs in their areas.

Jul 10, 2022 at 06:51 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password