Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Fuji X-T5 to come with the same "bird AF" algorithm as the X-H2S?

BlueHeron

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fuji X-T5 to come with the same "bird AF" algorithm as the X-H2S?

Just very curious as to what people think about whether the X-T5 may have the same AF as the X-H2S? I would hold out for that if it does, as I like the old school dials of the X series.

Jul 02, 2022 at 05:32 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fuji X-T5 to come with the same "bird AF" algorithm as the X-H2S?

No one knows. Different sensor seems like different AF expectations are in order.

Jul 02, 2022 at 05:46 PM
Poefolk
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fuji X-T5 to come with the same "bird AF" algorithm as the X-H2S?

I would assume it would have the same AF system, but the sensor will not be stacked so you will probably have to use the mechanical shutter in some instances to avoid rolling shutter. Time will tell.

Canon says the R7 basically has the same AF system as the R3, but that sensor (R7) isn't stacked either.

There are definite benefits to a stacked sensor though.

Jul 02, 2022 at 06:34 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fuji X-T5 to come with the same "bird AF" algorithm as the X-H2S?

Rumor is that the XT5 will use the same 40MP sensor used in the XH2, so AF is likely to be pretty much (if not exactly) the same. We'll see.

Dan

Jul 02, 2022 at 09:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

amci4
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fuji X-T5 to come with the same "bird AF" algorithm as the X-H2S?

gdanmitchell wrote:
Rumor is that the XT5 will use the same 40MP sensor used in the XH2, so AF is likely to be pretty much (if not exactly) the same. We'll see.

Dan

40? I thought it was 26 MP in the X-H2s.

Jul 03, 2022 at 08:52 AM
RoamingScott
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fuji X-T5 to come with the same "bird AF" algorithm as the X-H2S?

It is. The X-H2S and X-H2 are different cameras. Fuji is so good at marketing.

amci4 wrote:

Jul 03, 2022 at 10:37 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fuji X-T5 to come with the same "bird AF" algorithm as the X-H2S?

amci4 wrote:

Hence my reference to the XH2 with the same sensor.

Given the history of the relationship between the XH1 and subsequent XT models, it isn't out of the question that a XT5 might offer features exceeding those of the XH2/XH2s models, too. Anyone concerned about that possibility who can afford to go slow for a few months might want to be conservative about jumping too quickly.

The best guesses at this point when comparing the XH2 models to a rumored XT5 might be that...

1. The XH2s may retain an AF advantage of some sort in exchange for using a sensor with the same resolution as the previous generation of Fujifilm cameras. (Note that I did not write, "with the same sensor as the previous...")

2. The XH2 will likely have no better AF than the XT5, and will likely be the same in this regard, while providing a higher resolution sensor.

Dan

Jul 03, 2022 at 11:27 AM
agvogel
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fuji X-T5 to come with the same "bird AF" algorithm as the X-H2S?

gdanmitchell wrote:
Hence my reference to the XH2 with the same sensor.

Given the history of the relationship between the XH1 and subsequent XT models, it isn't out of the question that a XT5 might offer features exceeding those of the XH2/XH2s models, too. Anyone concerned about that possibility who can afford to go slow for a few months might want to be conservative about jumping too quickly.

The best guesses at this point when comparing the XH2 models to a rumored XT5 might be that...

1. The XH2s may retain an AF advantage of some sort in exchange for using a sensor with the
...Show more

In theory, the stacked sensor camera will have stickier object tracking due to the higher readout speed. That’s where I expect the AF advantage to be, rather than some “dumbing down” of the algo in the H2/T5/etc. But any speculation at this point is just that.

Jul 03, 2022 at 04:10 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password