New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Kipon adapter EF>GFX AF on the GFX50SII/100S

Luis Cunha
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Kipon adapter EF>GFX AF on the GFX50SII/100S

https://kipon.com/download/ef-gfx-af-firmware-v1-20/

Hi, my Kipon EF>GFX AF adapter passes all the info and controls the lens aperture electronically as if it were a Canon body (mine is the GFX50R). At the moment I only use Canon EF manual only and Zeiss ZE manual only lenses with this adapter.
Does anyone on this forum use this adapter but with the GFX50SII or the GFX100S which are newer cameras than mine? I look to see if there are any issues or if the adapter continues to work smoothly on these 2021 GFX models.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Jun 30, 2022 at 05:54 AM
bobby350z
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Kipon adapter EF>GFX AF on the GFX50SII/100S

For GFX100s, I would get the Fringer Pro adapter. It will give AF as good as GF lenses. I have TechArt for my GFX50s. That worked fine for MF lenses and does give AF but AF was very slow. With some lenses, 300mm f2.8 IS the AF won't even work. Then I bought Kipon as some said Kipon better than TechArt. Same crappy behavior with Kipon.

TechArt needs to press a silver button so correct profile is embedded. I never saw an issue where I didn't do it. No scientific testing.

Jun 30, 2022 at 11:28 AM
Luis Cunha
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Kipon adapter EF>GFX AF on the GFX50SII/100S

bobby350z wrote:
For GFX100s, I would get the Fringer Pro adapter. It will give AF as good as GF lenses. I have TechArt for my GFX50s. That worked fine for MF lenses and does give AF but AF was very slow. With some lenses, 300mm f2.8 IS the AF won't even work. Then I bought Kipon as some said Kipon better than TechArt. Same crappy behavior with Kipon.

TechArt needs to press a silver button so correct profile is embedded. I never saw an issue where I didn't do it. No scientific testing.

Thank you for your answer. Meanwhile, I saw this in a recent video on YT: "FUJI GFX 85mm 1.4 VS 80mm 1.7 🤯 Is ADAPTED GLASS BETTER ?? gfx 50sii 100s Kipon ef adapter RAW FILES".
At least it works on the 50SII, which is the latest of the GFX, so it should work on the 100S.

Jul 01, 2022 at 08:41 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.