Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Eos to R lens adapter. - Cheap but good?

Sy Sez
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Eos to R lens adapter. - Cheap but good?

Although there are some that find the lens Control Ring useful, IMO with all the Button/Dial configuration available on the newest "R" series cameras, the "Ring" strikes me as redundant from the get-go, and I find it somewhat of a nuisance, and set it to Off.

I wonder if third party lens makers, Sigma, Tamron, etc., when they get around to producing RF, will bother with it at all?

Jul 01, 2022 at 11:22 AM
Cableaddict
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Eos to R lens adapter. - Cheap but good?

A question on the control rings:

Is it possible to set the camera so that the ring adjusts the real-time image magnification?
I assume not, since that normally requires three different actuations on the camera, but maybe this can be set as some kind of macro?

For MF shooting, I think that would be massively helpful.

-----------

Or maybe have it turn on-off MF focus peaking? (Esp if that works with alt lenses.)

Jul 01, 2022 at 12:01 PM
Mike_5D
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Eos to R lens adapter. - Cheap but good?

Cableaddict wrote:
A question on the control rings:

Is it possible to set the camera so that the ring adjusts the real-time image magnification?
I assume not, since that normally requires three different actuations on the camera, but maybe this can be set as some kind of macro?

For MF shooting, I think that would be massively helpful.

-----------

Or maybe have it turn on-off MF focus peaking? (Esp if that works with alt lenses.)

No, the functions that can be assigned to the control ring are pretty limited. Basically, exposure triangle, white balance, picture style, and AF method.

Jul 01, 2022 at 12:11 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Cableaddict
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Eos to R lens adapter. - Cheap but good?

^ Thx.

Jul 01, 2022 at 12:33 PM
Cableaddict
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Eos to R lens adapter. - Cheap but good?

FWIW,

I mentioned how it would be nice to have non-variable ND filters for these drop-in adapters. No one mentioned anything, but there is indeed that option, from Kolari:

https://kolarivision.com/product/kolari-r-drop-in-filter-set-for-ef-eos-r-lens-adapter/

But jeez, $1250 for the set is tough to swallow, when you know that sometime down the line you'll probably be switching to RF lenses. I wish they sold them in individually.
----------------

It also looks like that Kolari adapter is a great value, with several reviews saying it's better than the Canon in every way. Still,at about $400 with both VND and CPL, it's too expensive for me right now.

I'm considering the Kolari CPL, though, instead of the Meike. I wish I could find a comparison between these two CPL's, since the kolari is 2X the cost, but so I I've found nothing.
Does anyone know of one, or have a personal opinion on this?

Jul 01, 2022 at 03:54 PM
TeamSpeed
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Eos to R lens adapter. - Cheap but good?

Mike_5D wrote:
No, the functions that can be assigned to the control ring are pretty limited. Basically, exposure triangle, white balance, picture style, and AF method.

And those restrictions were part of why I ended up giving up on the ring adapter. I already have those items covered elsewhere. Also with some lenses, I would have 3 rings to worry about, especially if I was manually focusing. I would have the zoom, the focus and the control ring. I found that with the one RF lens I had, I was constantly doing the wrong thing. That is just a me thing, but it makes no sense to me to have a bunch of controls on the lenses, buttons or rings, to control my camera.

My left hand holds the lens, adjusts zoom and sometimes focus, my right hand should have all available controls to it for camera control. I like to keep things segregated that way, almost like some don't like their different parts of dinner on the plate touching each other.

Jul 08, 2022 at 07:02 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password