Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Setting buttons on lens (400mm 2.8 fl and z9)

eorlando
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Setting buttons on lens (400mm 2.8 fl and z9)

I have a question regarding saving a preset focus distance using on of the function buttons on the 400mm f2.8 fl. I am trying to set the button so that when I hit the button on the lens the lens goes back to minimum focus distance but I cannot get it to save. Sometimes the camera will lock on something in the BG and the only way to get it to come back and catch focus is to get the focus back in front of the subject. Maybe this is not supported of f mount glass and the z9. If it isnít supported is there any other button on the camera that I might be able to use in place of the button on the lens.

Jun 23, 2022 at 06:24 PM
rick2906
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Setting buttons on lens (400mm 2.8 fl and z9)

You have to push on memory save on the right side of your lense to save the desire focus distance. After that there is a switch on the left side, you have to move the slider at the middle position where it is written memory recall. If you hit any of the four function on the front of the lense it will recall your save focus position. It worked perfectly on my z camera 600 fl or 200 f2 vr

Jun 23, 2022 at 08:23 PM
eorlando
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Setting buttons on lens (400mm 2.8 fl and z9)

Got it. Missed the memory set button before. Thanks so much.

rick2906 wrote:
You have to push on memory save on the right side of your lense to save the desire focus distance. After that there is a switch on the left side, you have to move the slider at the middle position where it is written memory recall. If you hit any of the four function on the front of the lense it will recall your save focus position. It worked perfectly on my z camera 600 fl or 200 f2 vr

Jun 23, 2022 at 08:47 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password