New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

R7 kits

rprouty
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · R7 kits

Looks like Canon is releasing a lot more R7 kits and very few bodies only.

Jun 23, 2022 at 10:18 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · R7 kits

rprouty wrote:
Looks like Canon is releasing a lot more R7 kits and very few bodies only.

That has already been discussed on the Canon R7 thread, and it is nothing new. Canon has done that with a lot of their cameras in the past.

Jun 23, 2022 at 10:27 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · R7 kits

I sort of wanted a kit when I preordered at announcement time back in May, but could only find bodies and went with that. Not that I really needed the 18-150...

Jun 23, 2022 at 11:14 AM
Iguana829
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · R7 kits

The kits are in stock everywhere. $1899 though. Gulp

Jun 23, 2022 at 11:20 AM
TeamSpeed
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · R7 kits

If this means that they clear $200+ more in pure profit right out of the gate capitalizing on the desires of folks wanting an R mount APS-C, why not? No better time than now to try something like that, later kit bundle sales will drop due to a number of reasons.

Jun 23, 2022 at 11:41 AM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · R7 kits

TeamSpeed wrote:
If this means that they clear $200+ more in pure profit right out of the gate capitalizing on the desires of folks wanting an R mount APS-C, why not? No better time than now to try something like that, later kit bundle sales will drop due to a number of reasons.

How dare you! You're making it sound like Canon knows how to market their product better then all the internet experts here on FM and other places.

I'm shocked and appalled I tell ya!

Jun 23, 2022 at 11:58 AM
bobhandal1

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · R7 kits

Iguana829 wrote:
The kits are in stock everywhere. $1899 though. Gulp

where? I don't see them anywhere in stock. Please let me know

Jun 23, 2022 at 12:18 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · R7 kits

They were briefly in stock at Canon Direct earlier today but are listed as backordered now.

Jun 23, 2022 at 12:51 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

TeamSpeed
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · R7 kits

lighthound wrote:
How dare you! You're making it sound like Canon knows how to market their product better then all the internet experts here on FM and other places.

This is one of the reasons I am not an early adopter.

Jun 23, 2022 at 01:09 PM
Jeff Nolten
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · R7 kits

Gochugogi wrote:
I sort of wanted a kit when I preordered at announcement time back in May, but could only find bodies and went with that. Not that I really needed the 18-150...

I had the body-only on preorder and ordered the kit yesterday after all this discussion. Got a shipping notice from B&H today. I figure the kit lens will satisfy my wife's needs and she'd bring the camera on our travels. I'd bring my FF kit and borrow her camera for the performance stuff. I'd have to carry the adapter and extra R7 lenses though. We will see if she likes the user interface which should be similar to her 77D. She doesn't like the M6II's interface and won't use it.

Jun 23, 2022 at 03:53 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · R7 kits

lighthound wrote:

If Canon knew what they were doing they wouldn't have been overtaken by a consumer electronics company specializing in TVs and Playstations.

Jun 23, 2022 at 06:55 PM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · R7 kits

Canon (and Nikon for that matter) took the overly cautious approach as they have A LOT to lose if they focussed too much on MILC and it doesn’t take off. Sony, on the other hand, had nothing to lose as their DSLR market share was insignificant compared to Canon and Nikon, so they went all out to develop MILC.

arbitrage wrote:
If Canon knew what they were doing they wouldn't have been overtaken by a consumer electronics company specializing in TVs and Playstations.

Jun 23, 2022 at 08:18 PM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · R7 kits

arbitrage wrote:

Unfortunately for that PlayStation toy manufacturer, they never dominated the camera industry like Canon has and still does. They were fortunate to at least have a few good years playing in the FF MILC market all by themselves. Sadly for them, those days are long over now. But hey, they at least have the PlayStations to fall back on.

Jun 23, 2022 at 08:27 PM
TeamSpeed
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · R7 kits

Actually Sony is ahead of Canon still in mirrorless sales, but Canon has total market share if you look at all digital camera sales.

Sony Leads Mirrorless Camera Sales in 2021
NPD Group puts Sony as the top selling mirrorless brand for 2021. Keep in mind though that the qualifier used here is “mirrorless camera sales” and not camera sales overall. According to NPD, Sony took the top spot for the most sold mirrorless camera brand in the U.S. and in Canada, with the A7IV also being the best-selling mirrorless camera released in the last four years.

Canon is the #1 Digital Camera Company
The same market research company also awarded Canon the top spot in overall camera sales, including compact cameras, DSLRs, and mirrorless. Canon still has
...Show more

Jun 23, 2022 at 09:09 PM
Tom_W
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · R7 kits

Competition breeds a better product. Although I'm still mad at Sony for their proprietary stance with betamax (I never forget), their entry in the market lit a little fire under the chairs of Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Olympus - everyone. And that moved things for the entire industry.

Jun 23, 2022 at 09:13 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password