FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Morning Serenity

Mark Metternich
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Morning Serenity

Morning serenity panning Florida waves! 🌊

Camera Settings/Processing:

Sony A7R2, f32, ISO: 100, 0.4 shutter speed, 200mm.

Technique: on tripod, panning with the waves - with just a little ICM (intentional camera movement) to create the in-camera dreamy or painterly effect.

Processing:
(for those who may be interested) I only use the New (to most photographers) completely Lossless Adobe Raw on Raw Layer Workflow. This avoids rasterized adjustments, adjustment layers and smart objects as much as is possible (almost completely). I always start with a Linear Profile in Adobe Lightroom/Camera Raw which undoes Adobe's baked in, often damaging adjustments. You can download or read the DNG 1.6.0.0 SPECIFICATION PDF about some (partial open disclosure, but not full) of the details of what Adobe can bake into their Raw File (Profiles). Be warned, it does take a bit of brain power to read. 🤓
To get linear profiles to respond like you may be accustomed to in Lightroom/Camera Raw (but so much better) you will want to add a necessary brightening Gamma Curve in your "Point Curve" and also about +50 pts (S-Curve) in the main panel using the generic "Contrast" slider. This will do wonders.
In Lightroom/Camera Raw I also always choose "Enhance - Raw Details" for better demosaicing (better detail, much better color fidelity, and less noise). I never choose "Super Resolution" because it does far more damage than good in photos.

Jun 21, 2022 at 02:31 PM
junglialoh
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Morning Serenity

Impressive expression of turbulence of mighty tiding wave

Jun 26, 2022 at 01:04 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Morning Serenity

Great motion, great color, fine interpretation.

Jun 26, 2022 at 02:04 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.