New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2022 · sales - lots of X-Pro3, few X-Pro2

BnG-Murphy

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · sales - lots of X-Pro3, few X-Pro2

Daniel Smith wrote:
Watching the sale sections here and a few other sites.
Am seeing a lot of X-Pro3 bodies for sale.
Not many X-Pro2 bodies for sale.

Wondering why such a big difference?

I haven't read the other replies but I recall seeing plenty of defects reported with the 3 (same with the X100V). I wouldn't buy either used, whereas I didn't bat an eyelid buying from "not ideal" sources with the 2 and the XT3, which I see as solid cameras.

Jul 13, 2022 at 06:53 PM
Joseph.
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · sales - lots of X-Pro3, few X-Pro2

It's hard to correct decades-long habit of shooting and looking at the LCD screen. I'm still dealing with that with my X-Pro3 But it's nice to know I don't have a big fragile exposed LCD in the back of the camera. It really does force you to concentrate on shooting instead of chimping.

Jul 15, 2022 at 08:11 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · sales - lots of X-Pro3, few X-Pro2

Joseph. wrote:
It's hard to correct decades-long habit of shooting and looking at the LCD screen. I'm still dealing with that with my X-Pro3 But it's nice to know I don't have a big fragile exposed LCD in the back of the camera. It really does force you to concentrate on shooting instead of chimping.

So, when you look through the viewfinder on a camera with a rear screen...

... you know you can't see the rear screen anyway, right?

As to chimping, you can decide not to do that even when a rear screen is on the camera. If you need to discourage yourself from looking for some reason... just choose the setting that leaves the rear screen off. The area occupied by the screen will be... blank and black.

And, there are times when seeing that rear screen (with the last required manipulation) is useful — quick access to multiple settings and menus without holding the camera to your face, quickly sharing an image with your subject to help them understand what you want or to reassure them, a quick check to see if you got what you wanted, shooting with the camera in a position where you cannot get your eye to the viewfinder (very low to the ground, beneath obstructions, over your head, etc.).

There's nothing more "honest" or ethical or serious about not using a rear screen in situations where it provides useful value and contributes to the quality of your photographs.

Jul 15, 2022 at 10:55 PM
Joseph.
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · sales - lots of X-Pro3, few X-Pro2

Meh. The Xpro3 style is still cool and a nice change from the regular camera style, and I love it for that.

Jul 16, 2022 at 11:22 AM
bastibe

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · sales - lots of X-Pro3, few X-Pro2

The way I shoot, I switch fluidly and frequently between screen and VF. Often the screen is the discrete option, which I tend to use almost blind, so as to avoid making it obvious I'm taking a picture (of my kids, nothing nefarious here).

The flip-down screen of the X-Pro3 just looks like a downgrade for that. Plus, I bought the X-Pro2 as a slower, more deliberate camera, and as such it has much less need for the fastest AF than, say, the X-T3 I use for birds.

Jul 17, 2022 at 01:08 PM
goodbokeh
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · sales - lots of X-Pro3, few X-Pro2

I just sold my X-Pro3 Dura Silver. I was an early adopter and have really enjoyed the camera. Why sell it? Well, it just wasn't getting used since acquiring my Leica Ms and a Q2. When Fuji does come out with a X-Pro4 (likely sometime in 2024) I hope they keep the same fold down LCD design they have now with the X-Pro3. Honestly I miss that simple and quick acting design on my Leicas. I think it is unique and brilliant.

Jul 18, 2022 at 06:17 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · sales - lots of X-Pro3, few X-Pro2

bastibe wrote:
The way I shoot, I switch fluidly and frequently between screen and VF. Often the screen is the discrete option, which I tend to use almost blind, so as to avoid making it obvious I'm taking a picture (of my kids, nothing nefarious here).

The flip-down screen of the X-Pro3 just looks like a downgrade for that. Plus, I bought the X-Pro2 as a slower, more deliberate camera, and as such it has much less need for the fastest AF than, say, the X-T3 I use for birds.

There are better screen designs that could make a wider range of users happy. For example, one of my wife's cameras is the Canon R. On it the screen can

- remain in the rear facing position where you can view it without flipping it out.
- be reversed so there is no screen on the camera back.
- flip out to the side.
- tilt up or down.
- face forward.

For my use pattern, I'd be happy with the screen design of the XPro2 — it faces the back, it doesn't move, it can be turned off to leave the camera back side black.

Given how I think most people use the XPro cameras, a more flexible option would be to simply allow the screen to the on or off, and to tilt up or down. Not sure that we really need the selfie screen position on the XPro cameras.

Jul 18, 2022 at 10:49 PM
pablov13

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · sales - lots of X-Pro3, few X-Pro2

Is anyone interested in trading there x-pro3 for my mint silver x-t4

Aug 22, 2022 at 04:35 PM
Michael Everet
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · sales - lots of X-Pro3, few X-Pro2

I have an X-S10 and an X-Pro3, and I prefer the X-Pro3 screen. When needing to look at it, one can flip it halfway down (90 degrees) and look down, which I prefer to either having to hold the screen up to eye level or flipping it out to the side. I also like the big viewfinder on the side where I can easily see menus or whatever, and can brace my nose against the edge of the camera for stability without it having to smear the screen.

Aug 22, 2022 at 08:45 PM
voltaire
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · sales - lots of X-Pro3, few X-Pro2

pablov13 wrote:
Is anyone interested in trading there x-pro3 for my mint silver x-t4

Post it on Buy & Sell forum. There’s an option For Trade only.

Aug 23, 2022 at 12:20 PM
pablov13

p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · sales - lots of X-Pro3, few X-Pro2

Awesome thanks.

Aug 23, 2022 at 03:47 PM
DavidLR

p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · sales - lots of X-Pro3, few X-Pro2

Having read all the above posts I am in full agreement about the X-Pro2. I have a X-Pro3 and still use the 1 and 2 predominately. I fully agree with those not liking the rear screen. I wish Fuji stayed with the same set up as the 2. After o9nly 158 activations the Sub Screen on the 3 is going bad “this is a story in itself”. Another concern foe me is replacing the 4 way pad with the focus lever. I wonder how well it will hold under constant use and start breaking down after warranty expiration.

Nov 23, 2022 at 10:53 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · sales - lots of X-Pro3, few X-Pro2

DavidLR wrote:
Having read all the above posts I am in full agreement about the X-Pro2. I have a X-Pro3 and still use the 1 and 2 predominately. I fully agree with those not liking the rear screen. I wish Fuji stayed with the same set up as the 2. After o9nly 158 activations the Sub Screen on the 3 is going bad “this is a story in itself”. Another concern foe me is replacing the 4 way pad with the focus lever. I wonder how well it will hold under constant use and start breaking down after warranty expiration.

If there is a XPro4 in our future, I really hope that it uses either the fixed screen of the XPro2 (unlikely) or the screen of the XT5 (more likely) and not the setup of the XPro3.

However, I'm not so sure there will be a XPro4. Pure speculation here, but I have several reasons for this:

1. The XPro has always been priced at the top of the x-trans camera range. Now there are three other cameras in this same range, the XT5 and the XH2 and the XH2s variant. That's getting a bit crowded!

2. Early on, when EVFs were less capable than they are today — and issues with resolution and latency and display rates were very problematic — including the OVF was a way to get past those concerns. Speaking for myself as a person who used to have these concerns, over time the EVF has become a more viable option and the OVF seems a bit less necessary. Originally I regarded the OVF as my default on the XPro2, only switching to the EVF if I needed it. These days I go the opposite direction, using the EVF almost all the time.

3. With the return to a somewhat smaller form factor in the XT5 (even with IBIS and the larger battery), the size/form factor of the XPro may seem a bit less appealing, especially if a future XPro that incorporates IBIS and the newer battery (as would certainly be the case) becomes a bit larger.

While I'm waiting a bit longer to see if Fujifilm reveals anything about its intentions for the XPro line, I'm coming to think that the XT5 may be in my future.

Nov 23, 2022 at 12:03 PM
       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.