Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Quenching the thirst (beavers - end of the trilogy)

EverLearning
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Quenching the thirst (beavers - end of the trilogy)

When all you got is beavers, you photograph beavers, . Well, that and it was a rare opportunity, and treat, to have a family of beavers set up "house" so close to my home last fall. They were there this spring at first too but then well above normal river levels flooded their den(s) and caused them to move on. Alas, I must now find something other than beavers to photograph!

I have uploaded two photographs. What I would like is for you to tell me which one you like better and why. This is helpful information for me (especially the "why"). I know everybody is busy so a critique of whichever one you like better would be quite sufficient (feel free to critique both if you feel so inclined).

Thanks

Don

Canon EOS R5    EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM lens    400mm    f/5.6    1/400s    4000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Canon EOS R5    EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM lens    400mm    f/5.6    1/800s    8000 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Jun 19, 2022 at 02:41 PM
Shasoc
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Quenching the thirst (beavers - end of the trilogy)

I am going with the first one, Don. The reason why is because the simplicity of the composition, even though the tail looks like is touching the frame.

The second shows some elements of distraction including the dark trunk on the top left corner next to the white blob of snow, and the stick next to the subject. Also that tail doesn't help the compo imo.

One last think, which is purely personal taste, is the subject being photographed straight head on. No a very photogenic pose to my eyes.

Socrate

Jun 20, 2022 at 09:32 AM
EverLearning
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Quenching the thirst (beavers - end of the trilogy)

Thanks for the details on "why" Socrate. It is helpful.

Regarding the straight on pose, I was kind of playing on the classic "lion drinking at watering hole" shot with reflection. Beavers can be ferocious ya know!

Don

Jun 20, 2022 at 10:20 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password