New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

XH-1 - Shutter Repair Question

benee
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · XH-1 - Shutter Repair Question

Hi Folks,

It looks like my X-H1 mechanical shutter is going - anything shot above 1/250 of a second using MS is wildly overexposed. Has anyone ever sent one in for shutter replacement, and how much was it? I've contacted Fuji, but I fear they won't give me a quote unless I physically send the body in to them.

The good news is my electronic front-curtain shutter is working fine, so the camera is almost 100% functional and doesn't have any issues that would be caused by using solely electronic shutter (banding, distortion, etc).

I'm trying to decide if I should

1) Sell the body for parts/very cheap given the shutter issue or
2) Get it repaired or
3) Just keep on shooting, using electronic front curtain shutter until the thing dies - it could last a VERY long time, who knows?

Leaning towards option 3, given the current value of this body.

Thanks!

Jun 18, 2022 at 08:57 PM
AZ Photo
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · XH-1 - Shutter Repair Question

Trade it in for the X-H2

Jun 19, 2022 at 01:59 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · XH-1 - Shutter Repair Question

benee wrote:
Hi Folks,

It looks like my X-H1 mechanical shutter is going - anything shot above 1/250 of a second using MS is wildly overexposed. Has anyone ever sent one in for shutter replacement, and how much was it? I've contacted Fuji, but I fear they won't give me a quote unless I physically send the body in to them.

The good news is my electronic front-curtain shutter is working fine, so the camera is almost 100% functional and doesn't have any issues that would be caused by using solely electronic shutter (banding, distortion, etc).

I'm trying to decide if I should

1) Sell
...Show more

I'd probably at least send it to Fujifilm and find out the cost of repair before committing to any decision. My. wild hunch is that tit might be $400 or $500... but do check with them.

If I were keeping it for the long haul I'd probably fix it since the value of the repair would be spread over years of use and be much less money than replacing the camera. But if the cost of the repair pushes you over the edge to a replacement, that could make sense, too.

AZ Photo wrote:
Trade it in for the X-H2

I guess. If you can find someone who will accept a broken camera in trade... (If they will, the "discount" they give you would probably have been available via sales price negotiation anyway, since the broken camera has almost no value to a camera vendor.)

Jun 19, 2022 at 10:27 AM
benee
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · XH-1 - Shutter Repair Question

Thanks Dan!

Jun 20, 2022 at 08:00 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password