New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Canon r3 availability

mehrdad sadat
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon r3 availability

Looks the back log is almost done, selling on eBay for list price by USA dealer and plenty available

Jun 18, 2022 at 08:40 PM
jedibrain
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon r3 availability

I was just at Glazer camera in Seattle, and they said they still see them trickle in and have a long wait list. Same story as a lot of the bigger retailers.

Good to see enough stock showing up that the price gougers can't extract their pound of flesh.

Side note...was on a photography tour this week and the guide was a Nikon guy. He said Nikon is telling him they still have around a 12 month wait for his Z9 order placed earlier this year. Yikes.

Brian.

Jun 18, 2022 at 09:24 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon r3 availability

In stock at three or more Canadian retailers.

Jun 18, 2022 at 10:28 PM
robert_in_ca
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon r3 availability

jedibrain wrote:
I was just at Glazer camera in Seattle, and they said they still see them trickle in and have a long wait list. Same story as a lot of the bigger retailers.

Good to see enough stock showing up that the price gougers can't extract their pound of flesh.

Side note...was on a photography tour this week and the guide was a Nikon guy. He said Nikon is telling him they still have around a 12 month wait for his Z9 order placed earlier this year. Yikes.

Brian.

12 months? I’ve bought and sold 3 of them (not price gouging) as I keep trying it out. The best place to try and grab one is either at a small retailer or believe it or not Best Buy. With BB you just have to keep checking out their website and the second they show it in stock you can grab one. I know 7 different Z9 owners who all got their cameras from BB and then they canceled their orders with B&H.

Jun 27, 2022 at 01:05 PM
mslino

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon r3 availability

Yesterday I saw the Canon R3 being sold on amazon.com by 6ave. The price was $6.329 if I'm not wrong. Today, I can't find it in stock.

Jun 27, 2022 at 02:28 PM
hugodrax
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon r3 availability

Wow 1 year for the Z9 thats crazy. Is this the new normal? One year waits for cameras etc.

Jun 28, 2022 at 06:59 PM
prosumerhacks
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon r3 availability

Back in stock: Canon EOS R3 Body
zcu.io/kiMK

Jun 30, 2022 at 11:40 AM
jedibrain
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon r3 availability

robert_in_ca wrote:
12 months? I’ve bought and sold 3 of them (not price gouging) as I keep trying it out. The best place to try and grab one is either at a small retailer or believe it or not Best Buy. With BB you just have to keep checking out their website and the second they show it in stock you can grab one. I know 7 different Z9 owners who all got their cameras from BB and then they canceled their orders with B&H.

One thought I had on this is - you ask Nikon and they are looking at it from the perspective of (all made up numbers) I have 100 units/month in production, and 1200 orders for those units, so the next order I take will be 12 months away in line. They don't have a way to take in to account that unit number 200 was orderd by Best Buy or some small camera shop for stock (i.e. not a pre order by a customer). That camera you could get in 2 months, as would seem to be consistent with your experience.

Of course, some would say inability to deliver is a Nikon staple. that's just a joke. I'm neither a Fanboy nor a hater of Nikon.
---------------------------------------------

hugodrax wrote:
Wow 1 year for the Z9 thats crazy. Is this the new normal? One year waits for cameras etc.

I'm just passing on what was told to me. Is this the new normal? I hope not. The supply chain stuff has eased some and shipping is less backed up, but the system will still take a long time to line out. With luck things will look more normal each month.

-brian

Jun 30, 2022 at 11:52 AM
mehrdad sadat
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon r3 availability

every store has some sort of allocation, my first z9 came through on the first shipment from Adorama via NPS, the second one I waited and waited to order, and then I finally ordered from the Nikon store and it showed up in three weeks! so if u order from BH or other big stores that u can prebuy then yes, it will take a long time. I bought the R3 from best buy once i got the in stock notice and picked up 4 days later

jedibrain wrote:
One thought I had on this is - you ask Nikon and they are looking at it from the perspective of (all made up numbers) I have 100 units/month in production, and 1200 orders for those units, so the next order I take will be 12 months away in line. They don't have a way to take in to account that unit number 200 was orderd by Best Buy or some small camera shop for stock (i.e. not a pre order by a customer). That camera you could get in 2 months, as would seem to be consistent with your
...Show more

Jun 30, 2022 at 01:19 PM
Steelhant
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canon r3 availability

Ask for Mathew I was told they had two !

Bergen County Camera
Westwood, NJ 07675
Phone: +1 201-664-4113

Jul 03, 2022 at 10:21 PM
311erin
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canon r3 availability

As soon as people give up their love of B&H, they can find stock.

Jul 04, 2022 at 07:22 AM
Bernie_King
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Canon r3 availability

Campus Camera in Kent, Ohio has one in stock. Ask for Jack. He says they’ll ship anywhere. (330) 678-1297

Jul 06, 2022 at 02:20 PM
cohenfive
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Canon r3 availability

And don't forget that there are three for sale here on fm...two are nib from some of our individual 'dealer' sellers, one is very slightly used.

Jul 06, 2022 at 08:02 PM
ajaykay
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Canon r3 availability

Only use B&H for the sales tax write off with Payboo, which is a considerable $$$ on a $6000 camera. Used to order everything from Allen’s but they started charging tax now on out of state residents.

Jul 07, 2022 at 08:23 AM
vbnut
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Canon r3 availability

I competed my comparison and evaluation of several cameras (by renting them) last Saturday (July 9th) and decided to purchase a new R3. I'd been following the availability issues for months and have setup availability notifications at several vendors as well as www.cpricewatch.com, so I was expecting it would take weeks or months to get one. I took home, however, a new R3 today (5 days later).

How did I do it?

I went to the R3 page at the Canon USA web site, and clicked on the "WHERE TO BUY" link above the "ADD TO CART" button on the right side of the page. I started clicking on the "BUY NOW" buttons for the vendors shown on the Where To Buy page, which took me directly to the R3 pages on the web sites of the vendors. I found that while some of the vendor showed the R3 as back ordered other otherwise not available, several of them didn't, leading me to believe they were in stock. I also checked the listed vendors with the Canon Authorized Dealers list to confirm that, as expected, they were authorized dealers. I also looked through the authorized dealer list find the ones in California, thinking shipping might be faster, and then started comparing the vendors (e.g. reading their About Us pages) to prioritize which vendors to try. This investigation took a few day, during which I noticed that the vendors shown on Where To Buy page seemed to change several times a day. I'm guessing that Canon is adding/removing vendors based on their understanding of whether they have R3's in stock, but clearly that understanding isn't perfect since as I mentioned above some of the listed vendors show the camera as unavailable.
Anyway, to make along store short, yesterday evening I discovered that Mike's Camera has a retail store 6 miles from my house. I called them this morning and they said they had several R3s in stock there (if they hadn't I would have tried ordering from their web site). I went to the store this afternoon and and drove home the the R3 (body only) and an EF-EOS R Control Ring Mount Adapter. They also mentioned that they have around 10 R3s in stock in their other stores, so I told them I would be posting that information in a photography forum. Even if they run out, however, it should be straight forward for anyone to use the Where To Buy page to find a vendor that has inventory.

Jul 14, 2022 at 10:10 PM
Bucketdad

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Canon r3 availability

I was in Fort Worth Camera yesterday and they had 3 Canon R3s on the shelf, along with a couple of RF 600s.

Jul 15, 2022 at 10:41 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.