New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Digital Art, Smartphone & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

Shells on a beach

lylejk
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Shells on a beach

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjRMH1bRWU2SgZc554cc2iHEfv1Nwg?e=Iw1ZyO

Will need to click and then download the highrez to see the Marigold Shells in full (if you stay in preview, it gives you a blur result when zoomed); had to quarter crop it to keep within Postimg's size limits. lol

Jun 16, 2022 at 11:32 AM
tntcorp
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Shells on a beach

lovely.. is that hand-laid from individual shell?

Jun 16, 2022 at 03:14 PM
lylejk
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Shells on a beach

Nope; even the sand was created from a seamless texture. lolololol

Used DAP 7 to create the mosaic of the shells. Thanks for the feedback. Just call this me taking a virtual picture since I'm a simulator.

Jun 16, 2022 at 10:15 PM
eeneryma
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Shells on a beach

lylejk wrote:
Nope; even the sand was created from a seamless texture. lolololol

Used DAP 7 to create the mosaic of the shells. Thanks for the feedback. Just call this me taking a virtual picture since I'm a simulator.

Hey Lyle, curious if you could explain your process. What is DAP 7? Did you create this pattern of shells using computer tools? Or is this an existing pattern that you modified? I know nothing about computer illustration.

Steve

Jun 22, 2022 at 07:38 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

lylejk
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Shells on a beach

Shells, themselves, were purchased as a pack from PikPaks site (site appears no longer available; still, since the shells were purchsed, I cannot share the preset which I used said shells for since the shells are commercial but fair use for artwork that is). DAP itself is a program from Mediachance based on Arcimbolder. Sort of wrote up a history of all this on the DAP forum a few years back. Been a fan of DAP for a long time since I like object based artwork (found object mosaics et. al.).

https://www.mmbforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=19408&hilit=arcimbolder#p19408

Jun 23, 2022 at 12:10 PM
lylejk
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Shells on a beach

Felt like it was missing an element so added something that I think completes the render; didn't replace the full sized render though, but hopefully this crop suffices.

Child ref (from free to use image search): https://mommysnippets.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/15-Fun-and-Free-Beach-Activities-for-Kids-Mommy-Snippets-2048x1536.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/52173337811/sizes/o

Jun 26, 2022 at 12:24 AM
Melor
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Shells on a beach

The lighting and colors on the kid don't jive with the shells. I find the image very interesting in the fill size on the links. The footprints in the sand turned out nicely, maybe the original image with some footprints on one side of the subject would look good.

Interesting creation. When I first saw it, I thought you pasted all the shells in one at a time manually. Does the software provide a count of all the shells? There must be thousands.

Paul

EDIT Going to guess first in case you know the shell count. I guess 7500 in the full frame image on OneDrive

Jul 01, 2022 at 05:19 PM
lylejk
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Shells on a beach

I agree with you about my lousy extraction and blend work, Melor; did a bit better (didn't share here) with the seahorse version. lol

As for the number of shells, I have no clue. lol

Jul 02, 2022 at 01:00 AM

FM Forums | Digital Art, Smartphone & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password