New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

OM-1 battery issues.

FrankA373
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · OM-1 battery issues.

Has anyone experienced batteries failing all of a sudden and not working? My wife and I each have a camera. Her camera wonít turn on. I charged her two batteries to full and still wonít turn on. I put her batteries in my camera and still wonít turn on. I put my battery in her camera and nothing. I put my battery back in my camera and it works. Does anyone have any insight?

Jun 15, 2022 at 09:58 AM
robert_in_ca
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · OM-1 battery issues.

Never seen anything like that before. Check the contacts of the battery. Try cleaning the contacts by wiping them down with a tad bit of rubbing alcohol.

Jun 15, 2022 at 10:39 AM
Paul_100A
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · OM-1 battery issues.

i had a scary moment on day 2 of a recent far out-of-town (gas/hotels/meals) old growth forest Warbler trip. my luck was better than yours though.
-i have three OM-1 batteries-
day one...*depleted one battery and 30% of a second.
re-charged both of those batteries at the end of day one.
day two...first battery depleted...inserted a second and turned power switch on...nothing...camera dead...!!!
thoughts of these bricked OM-1/battery stories instantly flood my mind...ohh crud...this thing is bricked like the stories I've read!?!
turned power switch off and on again..nuth'n. took battery out and re-inserted it...nuth'n...no power. re-inserted battery one last time just for kick as at this point as I was very much convinced my trip was over...camera got power and I continued the day. no issues before or since.
no idea what the H happened that day.
good thing i got the power back on too as I didn't even bring a back up camera along.
*depleted...i rarely, if ever, continue to use any battery powered anything once the "Low Battery" warning appears.
the fella I most often shoot with normally runs his camera/phone/battery down until it actually shuts itself off due to low battery voltage. he normally turns 'it' back on a few times or more to continue using 'it' before eventually changing/recharging batteries. i imagine that practice is not real great for a battery's over all health and longevity.

Jun 15, 2022 at 11:45 AM
FrankA373
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · OM-1 battery issues.

The issue has happened with four batteries. Camera still wonít turn on. The batteries and camera are on there way back to my local store and getting a replacement. No questions asked.

Jun 15, 2022 at 12:35 PM
MEDISN

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · OM-1 battery issues.

That is very strange. Both of her batteries suffered identical failure at the same time AND your working batteries would not turn her camera on?

What happens when you plug a USB-PD into her camera? Or plug your camera in to USB-C charger with her battery inside of it?

I have two OM-1's and four batteries. I can't say for certain I have used all the batteries but going on 4 months with no electrical grimlens. I have only been charging in camera when the battery depletes.

Jun 15, 2022 at 12:40 PM
FrankA373
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · OM-1 battery issues.

It must be her camera. I tried the usb connection. Nothing.

Jun 15, 2022 at 01:25 PM
Robin Smith
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · OM-1 battery issues.

These stories remind me of the issues I had with my Canon 5DII. Lots of freezing, only to be solved by battery removal and replacement. I suspect these may be software glitches. Did you have the latest firmware?

Jun 15, 2022 at 01:26 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

BidinTime
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · OM-1 battery issues.

I label all of my batteries with a grease pen (A, B, C) so they are always used and charged in order.

I recommend it to protect your power reliability. I also use OEMs exclusively, but that doesn't seem to be the issue here.

No problems with any of my gear.

Jun 16, 2022 at 04:02 PM
dcisive
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · OM-1 battery issues.

Never did have a battery issue. Last night for some weird reason however, I took some shots inside the house and it cam up with a "Card Error". I reformatted it twice and it persisted. I removed the card, then reinserted it and nothing's happened since. Must have been some kind of burp.

Jun 16, 2022 at 05:40 PM
FrankA373
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · OM-1 battery issues.

New camera in hand and all is well.

Jun 18, 2022 at 03:42 PM
BidinTime
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · OM-1 battery issues.

FrankA373 wrote:
New camera in hand and all is well.

A new camera seems to solve a lot of problems for many people!

Good luck with this copy. TBH, I don't recall reading of so many problems at launch as with the OM1.

Jun 20, 2022 at 10:08 PM
dcisive
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · OM-1 battery issues.

OM-1 with 2 batteries and no problems to date.

Jun 21, 2022 at 09:55 AM
Robin Smith
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · OM-1 battery issues.

I don't recall reading of so many problems at launch as with the OM1.

!!! Way too many issues with all brands at launch in my experience. The main issue these days is actually receiving the item ordered. No issues with OM1 or batteries for me, apart from the delay in getting them, of course.

Jun 21, 2022 at 10:42 AM
FrankA373
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · OM-1 battery issues.

I just read over at dpreview that I am not the only one. OMD is replacing the camera. It just quits working. My local camera store took it back after a very short conversation. He said send it back and Iíll ship a new one. My next question will be will I get the extended warranty I had on the first camera.

Jun 21, 2022 at 03:51 PM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password