Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Heart Attack on a Plate

Another go at trying to learn Affinity Photo and exploring some Topaz AI tools:

Jun 14, 2022 at 05:17 PM
lighthound
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Heart Attack on a Plate

Another 5 slices of bacon, hot sauce and lots of salt and pepper would make it a masterpiece.

The photo is already there.

Jun 14, 2022 at 08:03 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Heart Attack on a Plate

Thanks, Dave and Don. The eggs being cooked are an entry in this week's WA. The plate is sort of "the rest of the story".

Jun 14, 2022 at 09:16 PM
Shasoc
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Heart Attack on a Plate

Compliments to the cook!

Ok, I will try to give you my thoughts. The image shows a yellow cast on my monitor and looks a bit soft. If that was your intent that would be fine. But, just in case you want to reconsider the effect of the correct WB and a bit more sharpening, this is what I came out with just for your consideration.

I also believe that, even if I prefer the eggs cooked that way, (in Italy they are called "eggs in a shirt") showing the yellow yolks of the eggs would add more impact to the image.

Socrate

Jun 14, 2022 at 09:43 PM
grandmas
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Heart Attack on a Plate

Good idea. My granddaughter, having just taken a culinary class would suggest a garnish of some sort to enhance the appearance. I would call the garnish a focal point.

Jun 14, 2022 at 10:18 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Heart Attack on a Plate

Indeed it's soft because I ought to have shot using a trupod and stopped down the aperture at least two stops... but I got lazy.

The eggs were cooked over easy and I was too cheap to cook more sunny side up. So if you want yolks, there's my WA entry.

I've been trying to bend my head around Affinity Photo after using PS for so many years. My new computer won't run my ancient PS CS5. (Yeah, I am a cheapskate!)

Here's another version after figuring out a bit more Affinity Photo:

Jun 15, 2022 at 02:30 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Heart Attack on a Plate

AuntiPode wrote:
Indeed it's soft because I ought to have shot using a trupod and stopped down the aperture at least two stops... but I got lazy.

The eggs were cooked over easy and I was too cheap to cook more sunny side up. So if you want yolks, there's my WA entry.

I've been trying to bend my head around Affinity Photo after using PS for so many years. My new computer won't run my ancient PS CS5. (Yeah, I am a cheapskate!)

Here's another version after figuring out a bit more Affinity Photo:

The cherry on top here is that you get to eat your photo.😀
Steve

Jun 15, 2022 at 09:52 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Heart Attack on a Plate

Ravenous spouse asked for a "full monty savory breakfast", as we call it. So, didn't have much time to photograph it. My usual oatmeal chili con carne breakfast isn't very photogenic.

Jun 15, 2022 at 04:17 PM
lylejk
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Heart Attack on a Plate

At least the departed had a smile on the way out, Karen. lololololololol

Jun 15, 2022 at 10:34 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.