New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Lightroom Classic Develop View Suddenly is Almost White

naturephoto1
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lightroom Classic Develop View Suddenly is Almost White

Lightroom Classic was just updated on my Windows (10) PC Laptop and I just noted that when images are viewed as Develop that the images are now all but white whether they have been processed or not. You can see the bare outlines of major parts of the image. I am not sure what has happened. Is there a problem from the update, has a setting changed for viewing or what. When viewing images I am able to view images with the changes in the Library View, just not when seeing the Develop view as well as the before and after adjustments. As an additional check, I did export at least one image to see if things were as saved and viewed them in Photshop and the adjustments were viewed and saved. Also, I saved the library for Lightroom Classic when I was closing the application.

Until I can figure out what has happened, made a correction in settings, or even having to uninstall and re-install the program, Lightroom is basically useless to me.

I really need some help in resolving this issue.

Any suggestions and instructions will be most appreciated.

Also, I did run a scan for any infections to the machine right after noting the issue via ESET and it found 2 issues that were moved to quarantine. But the issue in Lightroom Classic persisted after this step.

Rich

Jun 14, 2022 at 07:42 AM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lightroom Classic Develop View Suddenly is Almost White

OK. I did a search on the internet. Apparently since my Laptop is so old at this point, I am getting to the point that the graphics card is reaching its limits. I had to change the setting of GPU Acceleration from Auto (default) to Custom and make the setting of Use GPU for Display. Apparently this latest Lightroom Update pushed the graphics card beyond its limits for the Auto setting. In any case, with this new setting for Lightroom Classic, I can not see the images in the Develop view.

Rich

Jun 14, 2022 at 08:24 AM
jrhoffman75
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lightroom Classic Develop View Suddenly is Almost White

Did you try turning GPU acceleration "Off".

Jun 14, 2022 at 09:22 AM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lightroom Classic Develop View Suddenly is Almost White

jrhoffman75 wrote:
Did you try turning GPU acceleration "Off".

I can view the images in the Deveolp setting for both turning GPU acceleration off (as you suggested that I try) as well as in the Custom setting to use GPU acceleration for Display. Either setting works.

Rich

Jun 14, 2022 at 09:45 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.