New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · X-Pro3 Unique DR?

Michael Everet
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · X-Pro3 Unique DR?

According to PhotonstoPhotons the X-Pro3 gets an extra boost in DR about ISO 300. which gives it a unique and better curve for higher ISO's. It seems neither the X-T4, the X-S10, nor the X-E4 (not shown) has that boost.
Has anyone noticed a difference in real life?

Jun 13, 2022 at 09:14 PM
AmbientMike
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · X-Pro3 Unique DR?

There's some issue with Fuji, I think they tend to overstate ISO or something? Anyhow, it might not be the same, but Bill Claff actually came on here after I posted that one Fuji camera bettered the D850 according to the photons to photos stuff. So there may be an issue with the graph. Not sure.

Jun 14, 2022 at 11:48 AM
fjablo
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · X-Pro3 Unique DR?

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1657188/0

And here is Bills comment on it:
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4462302

Jun 14, 2022 at 02:18 PM
MJKoski
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · X-Pro3 Unique DR?

Bogus DR. I downloaded available sample RAWs and they can handle same adjustment as files from my X100V before breaking apart. And X100V is up to two stops worse compared to my own collection of images from Sony 36MP FF sensor bodies, A7R2 and GFX50R. Although 26MP crop Fujis can handle base ISO long exposures extremely well. So well, that I belive they are massively mangled in-camera even if LENR is disabled.

Jun 14, 2022 at 02:34 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · X-Pro3 Unique DR?

fjablo wrote:
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1657188/0

And here is Bills comment on it:
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4462302

Not really all that different than Canon's baked-in noise reduction or Nikon's black-point clipping, I suppose...

Jun 15, 2022 at 11:27 AM
Sauseschritt
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · X-Pro3 Unique DR?

It would be really weird if Fujifilm had a superior sensor available and would only use it in the X-Pro3.

As far as I can see, Fujifilm doesnt get any special treatment from Sony. That means they dont get what others cannot get.

For example the stacked sensor they got from Sony for the X-H2s offers merely 1/150 sec flash sync - thats less than at least two full frame cameras offer now (the Nikon Z9 and apparently one Sony camera, I dont follow Sony stuff anymore since years but DPReviewTV mentioned it in their review of the X-H2s).

I also really would have liked to see Fujifilm doing a monochrome GFX. So far no luck. Probably because they couldnt get a deal from Sony about it.

Anyway obviously they only get the default sensor everybody else could get, too, just with their X-Trans color matrix instead.

Jun 15, 2022 at 01:46 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · X-Pro3 Unique DR?

In virtually every case where someone thought that Sensor X provided better performance in one model than in another it has turned out to be untrue, as expected.

Basically, when Fujifilm specs (for example) a 26MP sensor of some generation of sensor development, they put the same sensor in almost all of their cameras, with a few occasional odd exceptions, typically at the very low end. (Someone is going to bring up the 26MP sensor in the XH2... but I'd bet that future new Fujifilm models that use a 26MP sensor will use that one, too.)

Confirmation bias is real, and it frequently appears in discussions of photographic equipment.

Jun 15, 2022 at 01:59 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.