New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Purple Toad

LarryBeemer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Purple Toad

No, this isn't "people", but does fall into this category by way of "studio & advertising".

While at a graduation party recently, someone opened this bottle of Cotton Candy wine, took a sip, and then proceeded to come over to where my wife, her friend and I were sitting. This person made an "icky" face and commented at how nasty the wine tasted. I will say that it did smell kinda good if you like sweet wine….VERY sweet wine.

I suggested that since there were two very well seasoned experts sitting right there that they should give it a taste and provide their honest opinion. It was unanimous….even the experts made the "icky" face and declared that this stuff tasted like 💩.

They all said to just throw it away. I said no and that I would take it home and play around with it in the “studio” to see if I could get a nice photo of it (I thought the label was cute).

I came up with 4 different versions. This one was chosen by an outside source as being the best of the 4.

https://lightbeemzphoto.com/photos/misc/cottoncandy_6567.jpg

©¿©
LB

Jun 10, 2022 at 12:57 PM
JohnSil
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Purple Toad

Larry, the pic is pretty good and I like the bubbles but is that really cotton candy? It looks like fiberglass insulation!! LoL
And is that really wine? I can see the label and it says Kentucky and we all know the only thing they know how to make in Kentucky.
I think it's a batch of Whiskey gone horribly wrong and rather can dumping it in the creek and getting all the fish drunk they just relabeled a bad wine!
John

Jun 10, 2022 at 09:27 PM
LarryBeemer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Purple Toad

JohnSil wrote:
Larry, the pic is pretty good and I like the bubbles but is that really cotton candy? It looks like fiberglass insulation!! LoL
And is that really wine? I can see the label and it says Kentucky and we all know the only thing they know how to make in Kentucky.
I think it's a batch of Whiskey gone horribly wrong and rather can dumping it in the creek and getting all the fish drunk they just relabeled a bad wine!
John

John,
Real cotton candy? Your guess is as good as mine I suppose. It came from the Dollar store in a small plastic container and cost $1. Definitely not the same as what you might get at a carnival but it's the best I could find quickly and easily. I will say it deteriorated rapidly when it got wet and was a PITA to clean up, but I doubt the real stuff would have fared any better.
Real wine? I don't drink anymore so I would not be of much help in determining that. Perhaps you should find a bottle, taste it for yourself, then report back here with your findings. Who knows...you might like it.

Just for you, here's a plain vanilla shot you might like better.....or not.
https://lightbeemzphoto.com/photos/misc/cottoncandy_6550.jpg

©¿©
LB

Jun 11, 2022 at 03:19 PM
story_teller
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Purple Toad

If you love really sweet wines, it's probably good. Some people do, most winos (like me) don't. I once made the mistake of stopping by a pineapple winery on Maui! Lesson learned!

Strange, but true! There is also a Cotton Candy wine from the Gatlinburg Wine Cellar in Tennessee. Different labels as well. Evidently they like their cotton candy in the region.

Nice job on the photo!

Jun 12, 2022 at 08:06 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Purple Toad

Wonderful image LB!!! Great creativity and so unique!
Wonderful photography!
Dan

Jun 15, 2022 at 09:29 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.