New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Visual Perception and the Brain

Camperjim
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Visual Perception and the Brain

As photographers we have a lot of concern using 2d images to record our 3d perceptions. We have additional concerns about how our cameras record differently than our perceptions. To gain some useful information and to improve images, I found it helpful to step back from what the camera does and think about how our brains process visual input from our eyes.

I found a detailed presentation from Coursera. If you are not familiar with them, they provide a wide variety of content with some reading but mainly based on video instruction. There is a modest fee if you want a certificate or to work for a degree. Otherwise all of the content is free.

Here is a link to the course on Visual Perception and the Brain:

https://www.coursera.org/learn/visual-perception

Jun 09, 2022 at 10:11 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Visual Perception and the Brain

Thanks Jim.

Will be interesting to see how much it aligns with, or augments to, my perspectives on physiological response.

Will check it out ... tucked away for a rainy day.

Jun 10, 2022 at 10:48 AM
Camperjim
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Visual Perception and the Brain

One interesting beginning point is the huge discrepancy between measurements of the physical world and our perceptions. This is described as the inverse problem. To cope with the inverse problem evolution and our learning leads us to have some strange ways of interpreting our sensed information.

Anyway I found this fascinating.

Jun 10, 2022 at 11:59 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.