Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Nemophora degeerella Yellow-Barred Longhorn Moth Male [Images addded]

e6filmuser
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nemophora degeerella Yellow-Barred Longhorn Moth Male [Images addded]

These males have very long antennae. They seems to be active only in sunlight.

The antennae are waved around most of the time, making stereo pairs difficult to obtain. In the one here, the right antenna appears only in one frame. As there is no visual conflict, it works well. The stereo is crosseye.

Olympus EM-1 (aperture priority), Olympus 4/3 x2 TC, Olympus 4/3 50mm f2 macro, 1/500 or 1/640 at f11 ISO 4,000, hand-held.

Harold

Edited on Jun 07, 2022 at 11:05 AM · View previous versions

Jun 06, 2022 at 10:56 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nemophora degeerella Yellow-Barred Longhorn Moth Male [Images addded]

Very nice Harold, amazing long antenna

Birdie

Jun 06, 2022 at 03:26 PM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nemophora degeerella Yellow-Barred Longhorn Moth Male [Images addded]

birdied wrote:
Very nice Harold, amazing long antenna

Birdie

Thanks, Birdie.

More images below.

Jun 07, 2022 at 11:04 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nemophora degeerella Yellow-Barred Longhorn Moth Male [Images addded]

I wanted to get some better images but the weather forecast was grim. To my surprise, there was blue sky with hardly a cloud.

I wandered to the spot where I had found them, to see if the sunlight had reached it yet. There, close to, but not in, a shaft of sunlight was a group of about a dozen moths forming a small cloud with aerobatics performed inside it.

I fetched my camera and had just 10 minutes before they departed. This time, there was almost no waving of the antennae so I did get some better images. Here are some single frames, with stereos to follow later.

Harold

Jun 07, 2022 at 11:04 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nemophora degeerella Yellow-Barred Longhorn Moth Male [Images addded]

Here are the improved crosseye stereos I promised.

Harold

Jun 08, 2022 at 03:56 AM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.