New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · The Dragon Lady

JohnSil
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Dragon Lady

Just a fun shot. I've had this dragon kite laying around for years and had always wanted to use it in a shoot since it has such bright colors. Well I present to you...., the Dragon Lady!!!
C&C welcome.
John

Dragon Lady

Jun 04, 2022 at 01:53 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Dragon Lady

Now this is a fine composition John! Very creative, very vibrant and most unique!! Well done!
Dan

Jun 04, 2022 at 09:47 AM
kwbarnes
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Dragon Lady

I find myself wondering if you had considered shooting this with the model being nude?

I imagine the same image without the models shirt, bra strap, and shorts being visible. Just the kite in front of her bare skin with her hair pulled back behind her shoulders.

The model would be just as modestly covered as she is now, but the kite would contrast with her bare skin, instead of her clothing and hair.

Jun 04, 2022 at 12:40 PM
coles2020

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The Dragon Lady

Agree

Jun 04, 2022 at 06:02 PM
JohnSil
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The Dragon Lady

Danpbphoto wrote:
Now this is a fine composition John! Very creative, very vibrant and most unique!! Well done!
Dan

Dan, thanks so much for participating again!
I always enjoy your participation and honest opinions!
Thanks so much
John

Jun 09, 2022 at 12:27 PM
JohnSil
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · The Dragon Lady

kwbarnes wrote:
I find myself wondering if you had considered shooting this with the model being nude?

I imagine the same image without the models shirt, bra strap, and shorts being visible. Just the kite in front of her bare skin with her hair pulled back behind her shoulders.

The model would be just as modestly covered as she is now, but the kite would contrast with her bare skin, instead of her clothing and hair.

KD, I can see I've really been neglecting this post!
You are absolutely spot on with all of your remarks/ideas. Though on this particular shoot with this particular model that would not have happened! LoL
But yes I should redo and maybe even involve a little bit of body paint. but first I gotta find the kit!!!
KD, thanks so much for the great input.
John

Jun 09, 2022 at 12:35 PM
JohnSil
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · The Dragon Lady

coles2020 wrote:
Agree

Coles, thanks! See my response to KD. Maybe do a re-shoot some time this summer!
Thanks
John

Jun 09, 2022 at 12:36 PM
kwbarnes
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · The Dragon Lady

JohnSil wrote:
KD, I can see I've really been neglecting this post!
You are absolutely spot on with all of your remarks/ideas. Though on this particular shoot with this particular model that would not have happened! LoL
But yes I should redo and maybe even involve a little bit of body paint. but first I gotta find the kit!!!
KD, thanks so much for the great input.
John

As an alternative for situations where the model isn't either of age, or comfortable with being nude, might I suggest a full spandex bodysuit in an appropriate color. For the posted image I'm thinking flesh tone/beige, white, or possibly yellow. They are available in a variety of colors, some cover the entire person including the head, and some leave the head exposed.

For this image, I can't really see body paint as an option since there is a problem with nudity. You just end up with a clothed model with additional body paint. The clothes are already a distraction from the image, I can't see how the addition of body paint will improve that.

However, if the clothes are 1 piece, form fitting, and a single (appropriate to the image) color, the clothing shouldn't distract from the image and may even help enhance it.

Jun 09, 2022 at 01:04 PM
JohnSil
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · The Dragon Lady

kwbarnes wrote:
As an alternative for situations where the model isn't either of age, or comfortable with being nude, might I suggest a full spandex bodysuit in an appropriate color. For the posted image I'm thinking flesh tone/beige, white, or possibly yellow. They are available in a variety of colors, some cover the entire person including the head, and some leave the head exposed.

For this image, I can't really see body paint as an option since there is a problem with nudity. You just end up with a clothed model with additional body paint. The clothes are already a distraction from the
...Show more
KD, thanks again. I don't shoot these types of models anymore anyway so hiding clothing isn't an issue. But all good ideas. Now that the weather is heating up maybe I'll shoot the Dragon both inside and outside
Thanks again!!!
John.

Jun 10, 2022 at 11:04 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.