Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

  

Cloudy Crane ...

  
 
RustyBug
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Cloudy Crane ...


WIP



Kent Southers 2022





Kent Southers 2022




Jun 03, 2022 at 06:23 PM
EverLearning
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Cloudy Crane ...


While the second one doesn't click for me the first one is awesome! It has context and visual texture. It also leaves lots of room for imagination (without being under the influence, ). It could be dystopian. It could be futuristic (it makes me think of Star Trek and a worm hole opening up). It is also off the charts in uniqueness - I don't think I have ever seen something like it.

You have room to play with highlights and shadows but you may not land any better than this.

Well done Kent!

Don



Jun 03, 2022 at 08:21 PM
RustyBug
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Cloudy Crane ...


Thanks Don, the worm hole thing is kinda in the realm.

Did you notice that this is an "environmental nature" shot ... see the bird.
Okay, that might be a stretch.



Jun 03, 2022 at 09:19 PM
Camperjim
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Cloudy Crane ...


I also prefer the first. Great scene. It seems whenever I see a great sky there is nothing in the foreground. You found both.


Jun 04, 2022 at 05:40 AM
EverLearning
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Cloudy Crane ...


RustyBug wrote:
Thanks Don, the worm hole thing is kinda in the realm.

Did you notice that this is an "environmental nature" shot ... see the bird.
Okay, that might be a stretch.


Klingon Bird of Prey?



Jun 04, 2022 at 08:00 AM
sbeme
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Cloudy Crane ...


first for sure, Kent.
The hole in the sky relates, in an unusual way, to the potential activity of the crane.
Maybe it worked on the sky first?



Jun 04, 2022 at 10:33 AM
RustyBug
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Cloudy Crane ...


Thanks Jim,

+1 at interesting sky shots with bland fg ... I have my share of those, too. Cull hard.

Camperjim wrote:
I also prefer the first. Great scene. It seems whenever I see a great sky there is nothing in the foreground. You found both.




Jun 04, 2022 at 11:40 AM
RustyBug
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Cloudy Crane ...


Don't know about the Klingon ... but there is a bird about 2 o'clock on the edge of the bright circle.

EverLearning wrote:
Klingon Bird of Prey?




Jun 04, 2022 at 11:42 AM
RustyBug
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Cloudy Crane ...


Thanks Scott,

Something kinda "Jimi" in this one for me.

Somewhere between an old western "reach for the sky" and "kiss the sky" ... Something about height and "out there", etc.



sbeme wrote:
first for sure, Kent.
The hole in the sky relates, in an unusual way, to the potential activity of the crane.
Maybe it worked on the sky first?




Jun 04, 2022 at 11:48 AM
AuntiPode
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Cloudy Crane ...


Exploding sky! Cool! Err, ...hot!


Jun 04, 2022 at 05:56 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

lylejk
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Cloudy Crane ...


Some really fiery sky clouds that is for sure. Cool capture. :0


Jun 05, 2022 at 12:34 AM
RustyBug
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Cloudy Crane ...


AuntiPode wrote:
Exploding sky! Cool! Err, ...hot!


Thanks Karen.




Jun 05, 2022 at 09:04 AM
RustyBug
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Cloudy Crane ...


lylejk wrote:
Some really fiery sky clouds that is for sure. Cool capture. :0


Thanks Lyle.



Jun 05, 2022 at 09:04 AM
Shasoc
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Cloudy Crane ...


I think this is a great example of how cropping can affect the composition. How the placement of the elements in a scene can determine how the viewer reads the image, how the viewer will emotionally feels the image.

I am with the rest of the other comments about the first composition being the one that has more impact. While the second composition is more about a bright spot, in the first composition that bright spot is put in a contest. It is not about the bright spot, it is about the sky with its uniqueness. And the cranes, trying to reach for that sky, complementing the composition.

Well seen, taken and presented, Kent.

Socrate



Jun 05, 2022 at 10:53 AM
RustyBug
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Cloudy Crane ...


Shasoc wrote:
I think this is a great example of how cropping can affect the composition. How the placement of the elements in a scene can determine how the viewer reads the image, how the viewer will emotionally feels the image.

I am with the rest of the other comments about the first composition being the one that has more impact. While the second composition is more about a bright spot, in the first composition that bright spot is put in a contest. It is not about the bright spot, it is about the sky with its uniqueness. And the cranes, trying
...Show more

Thanks Socrate.

+1 for the way it changes things.



Jun 05, 2022 at 03:34 PM
mach250
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Cloudy Crane ...


the only thing that distracts me is the black blob behind the top of each crane.


Jun 10, 2022 at 11:36 AM
pbraymond
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Cloudy Crane ...


Fascinating and definitely captivating image, especially the first one.


Jun 11, 2022 at 03:41 PM
RustyBug
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Cloudy Crane ...


mach250 wrote:
the only thing that distracts me is the black blob behind the top of each crane.


Understood.

I haven't addressed that yet in these ... hence the intro "WIP". Thought I'd see how they played before going to the trouble to address / revise.



Jun 11, 2022 at 04:54 PM
RustyBug
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Cloudy Crane ...


pbraymond wrote:
Fascinating and definitely captivating image, especially the first one.


Thanks Ray, glad you like it.



Jun 11, 2022 at 04:54 PM







FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password