New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Anyone gone from the G9 to the OM-1?

dcisive
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Anyone gone from the G9 to the OM-1?

molson wrote:
Has Topaz Denoise AI fixed their masking algorithm? The last version I tried often missed areas of the image and sometimes left small patches of uncorrected noise. I much preferred the DxO approach, where they correct the noise over the entire image.

They must have as when I purchased it recently and happened to use the masking feature it was flawless. I was impressed and indeed it was very accurate covering the edges perfectly.

Jun 06, 2022 at 12:35 PM
BidinTime
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Anyone gone from the G9 to the OM-1?

novalaker wrote:
Yes I think so as well. I have decided that if I am going to stay in M43 then I will just get a new lens, one of the Leica 200, 50-200, or 100-400. So now the debate becomes which among those to choose...

This is the first negative comment I've ever read about the Panasonic 100-300. It was a good lens when it was released and is still. That there are now better/more expensive do not tarnish its reputation.

I've had both the 100-400. The Panasonic had a lot of quality control problems, so I gave up. I've been very pleased with my Olympus 100-400 since day one.

I also have the Olympus 300 which is great when a prime will do.

Jun 06, 2022 at 12:36 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Anyone gone from the G9 to the OM-1?

BidinTime wrote:
This is the first negative comment I've ever read about the Panasonic 100-300. It was a good lens when it was released and is still. That there are now better/more expensive do not tarnish its reputation.

I've had both the 100-400. The Panasonic had a lot of quality control problems, so I gave up. I've been very pleased with my Olympus 100-400 since day one.

I also have the Olympus 300 which is great when a prime will do.

I had the Panasonic 100-300 back when that was the longest lens available for m4/3, and it was truly awful. I had hoped they would have improved the optical design with the version II, but they apparently didn't. I suppose it's okay for video work, which isn't too demanding, but the Olympus and Panasonic 100-400 zooms are in another league altogether.

Jun 06, 2022 at 01:12 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

dcisive
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Anyone gone from the G9 to the OM-1?

Also a bit strange to hear Panasonic had QC issues with the PL100-400 f4-f6.3? Is that the one you are saying they had issues with? I just got one to use with my OM-1 and it's remarkable. I would assume if they did have QC issues the most recently built ones were out of the woods in that regard.

Jun 06, 2022 at 02:26 PM
palmor
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Anyone gone from the G9 to the OM-1?

dcisive wrote:
Also a bit strange to hear Panasonic had QC issues with the PL100-400 f4-f6.3? Is that the one you are saying they had issues with? I just got one to use with my OM-1 and it's remarkable. I would assume if they did have QC issues the most recently built ones were out of the woods in that regard.

There were issues with the tripod foot coming lose and if you did have an issue with anything on the lens it was un-repairable. So if you were under warranty they’d send you a refurbished and if you weren’t the they charged you the cost of a replacement (with your broken one in exchange).,

I had the lens for a number of years and never had a problem, and I picked it up when they announced it (I traded it in when I traded most of my M43 gear last year). My copy was good in IQ, about on par with the Sigma/Tamron 150-600 zooms.

Jun 06, 2022 at 03:05 PM
dcisive
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Anyone gone from the G9 to the OM-1?

That's just fine with me. I haven't even removed the tripod foot from the box. I don't use it. Strictly handheld. Good to know I dodged that bullet regardless.

Jun 06, 2022 at 03:31 PM
       end

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password